• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L30 power adapter discontinued - alternatives?

half_dog

b6fdadcd4a384e4e89bdbbbdc7129f65_4ca15baec79442cc9c4d618867bfda2a.jpg_720x720q80.jpg_.webp

This picture is not mine. If the voltage is not exactly 15VAC but slightly over like picture above, is that ok?
Yes! It's okay. The original power adapter although labeled as 15V it outputs around 17Vac when not connected - no load. I believe it might be a conservative aproach or it might go down to 15V when under load.

qzyDO

I am taking my L30 II from a 120V to 220V country. If I don't mind the jank, do you think it makes sense to simply use this step-down transformer and wire it using a barrel plug to the L30 II? Will there be a difference sonically?. I am assuming over-speccing with 2A output won't be an issue - hopefully have better wires internally.

I can confirm that this works. Bought the transformer - soldered a power cable and barrel plug locally and fed it to the L30II. It works !!. Though, I got some "vibrations" from the metal body of the device (most probably a grounding issue, as the entire setup now doesn't have an Earth). But it went away after some time.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was searching for one of these and found the correct type from Hifi-College on Aliexpress and Audiophonics:

It's $33 but they have all the different country plugs available. In Europe, maybe Audiophonics could be good for the same thing depending on shipping.

If you Google search:
topping model: txwy151000
There's some other places offering it, on the right side there's a gallery with other vendors.

Last edited:

Drengur

Forum Donor
The power supply for my L30 (which I have been very happy with) came apart a few days ago. The plastic casing... just... came apart. Luckily no children died as a result of this. Will probably order a new power supply. Not a good luck, but I can tape it back together. It seems the glue used simply does not work for very long, or does not do well in dry air. So what would be a suitable replacement 230v +/-10% Schucko?

Top Bottom