• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L30+DT770-80ohm+Panasonic CD player: VOLUME BALANCING

Phlebas

Hi there,

Finally I discovered, as a noob, the best forum section where I can post a thread.

Thanks to Solderdude who yesterday helped me, today I can enjoy my first headphones amp.

unnamed.jpg

Straight to the point: Ho can I balance the volume between L30 and the source?

Is it better to put the source on maximum volume and control from the L30 knob or viceversa?

At now I am with 30/50 with source and 3/4 knob rotation on Topping with GAIN set on +9 db.

Considering that Topping L30 goes a bit warm after less than one hour in use, I ask if charging max volume on the source will mean less heat.

Thanks in advance for any help

PS: any other tip, suggestion, shared experience about using an headphones amp will be welcome

Chrise36

Major Contributor
The source should be full and control the volume from the amp.By the way how do you find the L30 with the 770 i have the custom studio 80 ohm i was thinking buying the l30 for them.

Top Bottom