• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping estats amp EHA5 (details updated)

rickler

posted elsewhere direct from the manufacturer.

a90d circuit driving transformers.
Thank you for the reply @kevin gilmore! Senor Stax himself! Forgive my ignorance; what does that mean in general versus designs like the KGSS which, as far as I can surmise are designed without output transformers, and simply generate the appropriate voltages natively through their designs?

One thing that has been on my mind is the "Class D-ization" of electrostatic design, where a small, light amplifier can cleanly drive with very low distortion. It seems that the EHA5 is not this at all, but is there a reason why this concept does not happening in the TOTL electrostatic world?

Soria Moria

That’s a beautiful headphone! If it performs well I’d love to own one.

kevin gilmore

class D making 2000 vppss. not any time soon. or ever.
full frequency range electrostatic output transformers are VERY hard. and quite large and stupidly expensive.
the lundhall's are $5k each. you need 2.
when square wave pictures of the topping are published we will know whether they know something that i do not know.
birgir will have his unit in a week or so.

Svperstar

I wonder if its possible to run the Koss estats with this. I thought about getting a Stax amp for my Koss 95X but someone talked me out of it. I use a little tube pre-amp I got off Amazon for $40 as the volume knob for my Koss cuz the knob on the 95X is so annoying.

OP
O

okok

via tw

d4898e450a93eab1ca5841410889e8df3018b653.jpg

649253b4651979960044a4722de0ac13924d1ce6.jpg

AML

Really want to get this, but want to make sure all Estat headphones will work, like Jade II's for example.

Top Bottom