• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping dac-Samsung TV set optical connection problem

Mosquito

Hi there
I own a Topping DX3 Pro+ and a Samsung TV set whose ONLY audio out is a optical one.
Maybe someone stomp on a similar problem:
While trying to connect the tv (settig the TV to optical sound out) to the Dac optical in, the sound in the headphones is just some type of sound blurb similar to the fuzz of MLS measuring noise mixed old modem connection rumour.. why?

Purity86

Hi there
I own a Topping DX3 Pro+ and a Samsung TV set whose ONLY audio out is a optical one.
While trying to connect the tv (settig the TV to optical sound out) to the Dac optical in, the sound in the headphones is just some type of sound blurb similar to the fuzz of MLS measuring noise mixed old modem connection rumour.. why?
Hi, I canceled my Topping E30 order, cuz it's bad preamp performance, (I was intended to connect my active speakers into my TV via optical and get the benefit from the remote control), now I'm thinking about the DX3 Pro, how it performs as a preamp in this case (TV> DX3 > Active speakers) controlled by the remote?

ShiZo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi there
Did setting it to PCM fix the issue?

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
Did setting it to PCM fix the issue?
This is an old thread but most stand-alone DACs can't decode Dolby (or any other compressed format). On the other hand, every home theater receiver can.

ShiZo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This is an old thread but most stand-alone DACs can't decode Dolby (or any other compressed format). On the other hand, every home theater receiver can.
I just want it to accept 2.0 stereo

Trell

Major Contributor
He asked if setting the output to PCM fixed the issue.

Top Bottom