• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping Balanced DAC for Adam T5V

bt3

Been using E30/L30 with HD-6xx..
but missing having active speaker sound also.
Considering purchase of Adam T5V's and balanced Topping DAC.
Why balanced? Because of posts on ASR about single-ended and how balanced may avoid potential ground issues.
Your personal experience with T5V's and affordable Topping balanced DAC's?
An all-in-one Topping balanced DAC/headphone amp's would save space on my desk,
and allow use for HD-6xx and T5V's, but what's recommended by ASR members?
Lastly - what model affordable cables do you use between T5V and your balanced Topping DAC?

Last edited:

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You could go with the new Topping E50, which is balanced and can be used as pre-amp with volume control via remote. But it has no headphones out. Otherwise, a more expensive Topping product.

GrumpyOldMan

I bought the T5V to use with an E30/L30 stack for my PC, and the tweeter hiss was quite annoying. I had to turn the volume knob om the speakers almost all the way down for it to be tolerable.

Recently replaced the DAC/preamp with Shenzhen EX5 and balanced cables, and the hiss seems to have subsided a bit, but no measurements to back up that claim, as the story goes...

Also, I never tried going straight from the E30 to the speakers so I can't say how that would have worked out.

OP
bt3

bt3

Going to hold off on any T5V purchase until reasonably certain no issues like hum, noise or speaker hiss outside of hiss user may hear with their ear very close to the tweeter. Trial and error doesn't cut it for me anymore, as returns are a hassle and often costly considering how steep all shipping has become. Been there, done that.

Top Bottom