• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Today? That thing is huge.

gorb

Forum Donor
b2ay3y7vhrx71.jpg

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I haven't found the projected flight path, which interests me as they are to my West and they will launch in an Easterly direction.

I'd not be above keeping an eye on the sky when it goes.

Cape Canaveral launches are easily visible from Tampa on a clear day (or night).

1681740913140.png

Back at Junior High in 1968 they had a rocket Day on the baseball field.

The Main Event was to launch a mouse.

The first stage fired, weakly, and the rocket went up about fifteen feet, and came down on its side.

The second stage fired into a concrete wall maybe 50 feet away.

The mouse did not survive, and I don't remember any further activities of that nature at school.

---

"When it does launch, the entire flight will take around 90 minutes, starting at Starbase, flying east over the Gulf of Mexico and between the Straits of Florida, and finishing off near Hawaii."

Oh good, at least they aren't aiming for me, but south of the Keys.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I haven't found the projected flight path, which interests me as they are to my West and they will launch in an Easterly direction.

I'd not be above keeping an eye on the sky when it goes.

Cape Canaveral launches are easily visible from Tampa on a clear day (or night).

View attachment 279820

Back at Junior High in 1968 they had a rocket Day on the baseball field.

The Main Event was to launch a mouse.

The first stage fired, weakly, and the rocket went up about fifteen feet, and came down on its side.

The second stage fired into a concrete wall maybe 50 feet away.

The mouse did not survive, and I don't remember any further activities of that nature at school.

---

"When it does launch, the entire flight will take around 90 minutes, starting at Starbase, flying east over the Gulf of Mexico and between the Straits of Florida, and finishing off near Hawaii."

Oh good, at least they aren't aiming for me, but south of the Keys.

Poor mouse.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Somafunk

Major Contributor
It’d be more exciting to see it fall on its side like a firework then drive a 60ft wide furrow through Florida till it ends up exploding at mar-a-lago.

OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Its huge but didnt come up. So 48h more. Hopefully she isnt to much frustradet. ;)

Somafunk

Major Contributor

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom