• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The quintessential 80s pop song?

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Suzanne Vega - Luka
I like her 99.9 days even better, FWIW.

EDIT: OOPS!!! DERP! That was from the nineties!
I will post the videos in the proper forum immediately!

:cool:;):facepalm:

Last edited:
When Herbie Hancock's Rockit came out in 1983 it was an amazing new fresh sound. Scratching on Vinyl became a thing, and it seems like this song made sure everyone knew about this weird reversal sound making the turntable into a musical instrument. Very cool stuff.

dBiz

If the song you posted isn't here it could be because the YouTube video was blocked and there wasn't a text of the song in your post, Spotify didn't have it, or there needed to be some "extra" searching in Spotify. "Mr. T - Treat Your Mother Right" I couldn't find.
I'll try to add future songs as they are posted.
Thanks to Multicore for kicking this off, this has been a good one for sure!
Enjoy.

OP
Multicore

Multicore

Major Contributor

If the song you posted isn't here it could be because the YouTube video was blocked and there wasn't a text of the song in your post, Spotify didn't have it, or there needed to be some "extra" searching in Spotify. "Mr. T - Treat Your Mother Right" I couldn't find.
I'll try to add future songs as they are posted.
Thanks to Multicore for kicking this off, this has been a good one for sure!
Enjoy.

OMG you did!​

I'm not a spotify user but i know lots who are. That's sterling work! Thank you.

Everybody give @dBiz a like now!

zman01

Great work, dBiz. :)

Checking on the list I found that Madonna has only one entry with "Material Girl". Very 1980s indeed, but surely more tracks from the Queen of Pop are worthy of the list...

I'll start with "Cherish" from her "Like A Prayer" album:

dBiz

Surprised that this didn't make it sooner.
Bruce Hornsby & the Range - The Way It Is

OP
Multicore

Multicore

Major Contributor
Top Bottom