• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The quintessential 80s pop song?

dBiz

I guess it didn't make it into the Spotify version, that's what I used for search.

If all we got is a youtube URL then checking priors is too hard.
#121 in the Playlist.
Not fancy but attached playlist as text file for those that don't have or use Spotify.

Attachments

• The quintessential 80s pop song?.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
OP
Multicore

Multicore

Major Contributor
Not fancy but attached playlist as text file for those that don't have or use Spotify.
That's the stuff! Thanks. I was using the Google Chrome dev tools to inspect the page source of the Spotify playlist and search that. I don't recommend it.

Now I got it on Amazon Music. I used https://www.tunemymusic.com and I think it got 100% of them from the text file. @dBiz FTW

Amazon Music 2023-03-05 17.10.43.png

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Did I mention my two favorite Madonna songs (elements of a very small set)?

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
It’s unfortunate many of the tracks are showing as “unavailable”.
Such is the nature of streaming services. Different tracks will be available for different people in different parts of the world. Sometimes the track will be available on one service but not another. Sometimes the same track will be available on a different version of the same album on the same service. Licensing deals are presumably constantly being renegotiated. I have several albums in my Spotify collection that have been available but have since disappeared. Sometimes they reappear, sometimes not.

It's bit of a mess. But you get what you pay for ...

Saturn94

Such is the nature of streaming services. Different tracks will be available for different people in different parts of the world. Sometimes the track will be available on one service but not another. Sometimes the same track will be available on a different version of the same album on the same service. Licensing deals are presumably constantly being renegotiated. I have several albums in my Spotify collection that have been available but have since disappeared. Sometimes they reappear, sometimes not.

It's bit of a mess. But you get what you pay for ...
Exactly why I prefer/value my local music collection! :) I enjoy my subscription to Qobuz, but I buy anything I want to keep because who knows when it will no longer be available on streaming.

Frank2

Exactly why I prefer/value my local music collection! :) I enjoy my subscription to Qobuz, but I buy anything I want to keep because who knows when it will no longer be available on streaming.
Same here. I used to have Spotify premium but got frustrated with the many changes so I switched to Qobuz...which didn't make a difference.
At least I have 'lossless' audio now. Not that it's really audible, but it gives some peace of mind ;) (I remember listening to the Dire Straits album 'On every street' on Spotify once, and remembering it sounded much better on CD. So I decided to do a direct A to B comparison with the CD. To my amazement they sounded completely identical. My memory was playing tricks on me :) )
As for the 'high res' recordings on Qobuz: Some 44.1/16 tracks sound amazing, some 'high res' tracks sound awful. The production is all that matters here.

But back to the 80s now!

Frank2

Nice!

It’s unfortunate many of the tracks are showing as “unavailable”. ☹️
With some manual searching in Qobuz I managed to resolve all of them (except the two tracks by Danielle Dax)! :D
So save for two tracks, the playlist is now complete.

Top Bottom