• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TECHNICS SH-AC500D AC-3/DTS Processor

SEKLEM

Went for a drive today (day off) and wound up spending some time perusing Goodwill thrift stores. Got a decent enough small desk for work for $20, an oak cabinet for $12, and a Technics SH-AC500D processor for $25. What a good day for deals!

I have wanted one of these to come along for years and it’s taken it’s sweet time find me. If you asked why I wanted one I’d have to shrug and just say “I like the simplicity of it”.

1D84A6B3-1BAA-4654-8AA3-AC027425C7F0.jpeg

I’ve been listening to music piped from the Apple TV for a couple hours. Without doing a direct comparison I cannot note any shortcoming. I get a strong feeling I won’t be able to tell it apart from any other DAC I have or have had.

Here are the manufacturer’s specifications.

AF17B9EC-4D71-493E-80D7-C943DCDEE5E1.jpeg

cjfrbw

I remember the Technics. They weren't that cheap in the day, and are well built components.

Top Bottom