• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Teac AI 303

Nick2D

Hi everyone!
Opinions for the new Teac AI 303? I would like to take it for creating a system in my living room with tower or bookshelf speakers for TV and liquid music.
Thanks

staticV3

Master Contributor
25W @8Ω, 50W @4Ω for $800 is rough and may well limit your choices for speakers.

If it's the eARC port that you're willing to pay for, then you can get that for cheap with an eARC receiver/DDC like this: https://www.amazon.de/SOUTHSKY-Wandler-Extraktor-Lautstärke-Einstellbar-Schwarz/dp/B087N4K7KK

Most HDMI Audio extractors can only intercept audio between e.g. your Blu-Ray player and your TV.
The one above can function as an eARC endpoint, which is handy if you're using the Apps built into your TV to listen/watch.

Only downside is that it won't do volume control via the TV remote, so you'll have to use the Int Amp's remote for that (or a programmable universal one).

OP
Nick2D

Nick2D

Noted and thanks.
I was also considering the new SMSL AO300 amplifier, could it be a good alternative to the Teac?

JSmith

Master Contributor
I was also considering the new SMSL AO300 amplifier, could it be a good alternative to the Teac?
Maybe... depends on your requirements power wise, as this is also low on the power side.

No independent measurements as yet, some by the manufacturer noted here in 2nd post;

JSmith

Top Bottom