• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tascam BD-MP1 Review (CD/Blu-ray Player)

Count Dacula

Expanding on this, the geniuses who created these formats (read major japanese and korean consumer electronics companies) didn't think about having a way to automatically identify them. As a result, the player goes through an ordered process of reading format A and if it gets error, goes to format B, and then C, etc. What of the executives at a major CE company told me one of the format reads can actually damage some types of writable formats! So it was a major headache to make a universal format. This, on top of myriads of patents around every format. Totally screwed up.

Anyway, as John says, a multiformat player may put priority on movie formats before CD so can take a while to read the CD and play it.

It's my understanding that 3D BRPs load and track faster than regular BRPs, given the standard media. Possibly faster too with a CD, it's worth a try. My last 3D player seems to work nicely, an LG.

Top Bottom