• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Surf Music ……...

Duckeenie

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Mark Knopfler has flirted with surf rock in his solo career. Jimmy Buffett even covered one of the tunes.

billybuck

My band had the honor of playing with Dick around the time this video was made, and the guy was on fire. None of that "playing to pay the medical bills" he would sadly undergo later. I got to talk with him for awhile and he was a very mellow and nice guy, then the cameras came on and he affected a harsh attitude with the reporters and spoke of himself in the third person. We understood that he was of that era when a performer played a character, one that was maybe an extension of one's natural personality.

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Let's revive another dead thread!
Anything by these guys:
The Mermen

Katji

Major Contributor

Amazing what ASR causes to surface in my memory.
The Ventures! And Hawaii Five-O, recently re-run on SABC, maybe still on now, sometimes I hear the theme tune while i'm not there in the room. And i didn't know it was The Ventures.
........2020? 2010? I thought it was older than that, maybe mixed up with Magnum PI. I did see that is a new series.

Top Bottom