• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggestions and feedback needed on planned purchase (Speaker, Headphones and DAC)

Maoir

Hello

Planning on upgrading my sound equipment for my computer and I could use some suggestions and feedback.

I live in Denmark, so most of the equipment that I have seen being recommend around the internet isn't available to me, unless I want to pay very high shipping costs and high import taxes. I mainly play video games, watch movies/YouTube and listen to music, like 40/40/20, used to be 40/20/40, but lost the passion for music along the way.

The products I am planning on purchasing are the following:

Headphones: Fidelio X2HR
Currently wearing: Astro Gaming A40 (not TR), so will consider this as a big upgrade. Don't really need a mic, since I have a blue yeti, which has served me faithfully for almost a decade.

Speakers: Edifier R1280T or R1280DB. Budget 150 USD / 130 EUR.
Currently I don't have any, and haven't had any for over 10 years.
Haven't really decided anything yet, open for 2.0 and 2.1 system. Don't want to spend to much, since I will most likely only use it 10-20% of the time, when I am tired of wearing headphones or when I want to continue to listen to something when I leave the computer. Connectability with Google Home would be nice, but not something I priorities.

DAC: Fiio E10K Olympus 2 or FiiO K3. Budget 150 USD / 130 EUR.
Never owned any, so no idea what I am going into. I basically want something to that makes it easy to switch between headphones and speakers without negatively impacting the sound quality, but possibly enhancing it.

Top Bottom