• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speirs &Robertson active air isolation table

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
For sale my Speirs & Robertson active air isolation table and silent compressor.
Speirs make laboratory isolation equipment, this is their most effective isolation device unit which uses rolling air diaphragms.
I used this underneath my turntable, it isn’t foo it really works.
https://www.speirsrobertson.co.uk/
Also included is a silent compressor, the compressor only activates very occasionally.
Size is 60x60cm finish is stainless steel.
RRP of both is around £2.4k asking £750.
Collection from North London, preferred.
Keith

Last edited:
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Still available, it works it isn’t foo, you may or may not like the sound of your turntable after it i has been isolated from structural borne vibration.
If you have a partner they are almost certainly not going to enjoy the S&R isolation table and silent compressor.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Active air turntable isolation platform bump, if you are serious about vinyl darling...
Keith

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Active air turntable isolation platform bump, if you are serious about vinyl darling...
Keith
When I had a turntable I used to own a Vibraplane. It really took the sound to another level. Thing was incredibly heavy though. I remember it came to my front door on a mini pallet. I picked it up and shlepped it pallet and all across my living room, up a flight of stairs and across the floor of my 34 foot listening room.--a distance of about 100 feet. Back was sore for a week. That was in the mid-90's. I doubt I could do that today.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The S&R platform isn’t light but it can be lifted, I just wanted to discover the effect of really properly isolating the table from structural borne vibration.
My conclusion, digital is better and far more convenient.
Keith

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The S&R platform isn’t light but it can be lifted, I just wanted to discover the effect of really properly isolating the table from structural borne vibration.
My conclusion, digital is better and far more convenient.
Keith
Yup. But it will never match the sex appeal of an Oracle IV TT.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Here is the platform ( stainless steel ) beneath my turntable.

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Still available, isolation platform 60x60cm and silent compressor probably need to be collected from North London.
Keith

gene_stl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If someone in the USA is crying over missing Keiths Isolation table I have a Kinetic Systems that I will sell for a reasonable price. It is new in the box and never installed and I have a matching roll around table for it with fancy locking casters. (table is two feet deep by three feet wide). I also have a selection of high pressure gas cylinders that will keep it floating for ages if you don't put a gogo dancer on it to dance to the music.
The MSRP is about 3000. I would sell it for $1500 with the tank and a very expensive two stage regulator. I will deliver to the midwest and help with the set up.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649536660-kinetic-systems-inc-active-float-table-model-22130311/

its a 2212-03-11
https://www.kineticsystems.com/prod...-air-vibration-control-platforms-2212-series/

and here is some audiophile nonsense about them.
https://www.soundsofsilence.com/vibraplane-platform/

Shipping would be by freight. I can palletize it. It weighs about 250lbs.

Top Bottom