• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speakers to large for my room ?

CapMan

Major Contributor
Hi.
I think to buy tower speakers.
My room is 20 m2.
I'm considering
https://www.pylonaudio.com/diamond-25-mkII-pylon-audio is recommended for 15 - 30m2 rooms
or
https://www.pylonaudio.com/diamond-28-mkII-pylon-audio is recommended for 25 - 40m2 rooms

Do You think diamond 28mkII will be to large for my room ?

Thank You.
Dare

You don’t mentioned the actual dimensions of your room ( 4x5, 3x7 etc) , but you are going to have room modes that create large peaks and dips due to standing waves at low frequencies.

Other than practical considerations of physical size and placement, a larger speaker capable of playing louder and lower can excite these modes more than a smaller speaker. You might want to invest in some DSP to equalise the bass frequencies.

I wouldn’t buy blind without trying in that room.

izeek

i love big speakers so id recommend the 28s. but that’s me. you'll need dsp but other than that...

OP
D

Darek K

Thank You Guys for Your advice.
For now I was decided to play with DSP'ing.
I adjusted my speakers on my computer desk and the effect is great.
Thanks again for pointing me in the direction of DSP. I know, by the way, but it was very, very useful.

Darek

CapMan

Major Contributor
Thank You Guys for Your advice.
For now I was decided to play with DSP'ing.
I adjusted my speakers on my computer desk and the effect is great.
Thanks again for pointing me in the direction of DSP. I know, by the way, but it was very, very useful.

Darek
Good luck :)

GaryY

Forum Donor
This doesn't look like the result of mark 2, but measurement doens't seem to be good..(I don't understand language though...)

41466-pylon_diamond25_fot1_audiocompl_lab2.jpg

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
This doesn't look the result of mark 2, but measurement doens't seem to be good..(I don't understand language though...)

41466-pylon_diamond25_fot1_audiocompl_lab2.jpg
That response curve is pretty horrific.

Top Bottom