• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speaker setup for game room/media room

razor488

Is this a solid setup for this room? Floors are wood. Use is mostly TV/Movies. Not listening to music.

Currently own:
- Denon x3200x
- AVS PB-2000 Pro (just purchased from SVS). I will add a second sub later.

Local AV guy is wanting to set me up with:
- SVS Prime Center
- SVS Prime elevation x 2 (left wall is a pony wall so only location that "rear" speakers can go is back corner of room
- SVS Prime Pinnacle floor speakers x 2 for front L/R ($799 each instead of $899)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-07 095429.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-07 095429.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 30

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is this a solid setup for this room? Floors are wood. Use is mostly TV/Movies. Not listening to music.

Currently own:
- Denon x3200x
- AVS PB-2000 Pro (just purchased from SVS). I will add a second sub later.

Local AV guy is wanting to set me up with:
- SVS Prime Center
- SVS Prime elevation x 2 (left wall is a pony wall so only location that "rear" speakers can go is back corner of room
- SVS Prime Pinnacle floor speakers x 2 for front L/R ($799 each instead of $899)
Apparently the Prime Center and Pinnacles are pretty mediocre:

To me looks like (relatively) boomy, shallow bass, sharp vocals, and muffled treble. Not the worst I've ever seen by any means, but not where I'd put my money at all.

At this price point you can look at Ascend's stuff, very good price/performance and US-based, pretty much as good as you can do at the ~$1500 price point for a pair of passives. I think they would be pretty obviously better than the SVS units in a side-by-side test.

BTW welcome to ASR!

Top Bottom