• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sorround Speakers

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi,

Looking for some opinions here.

I am dipping my toes in the Dolby Atmos waters after hearing a friend's system. Don't want to invest too much into it, until I am convinced it is worth spending a lot more on surround and height speakers.

I have two good Front speakers, so only need to augment with center/surround/height channels.

I am looking at some Facebook marketplace sales and see the following options
1. $100 - Pioneer BS-22 (Surround L/R) with 2 height speakers
2. $250 - Polk Signature S35 (Center) with 4 Polk Signature S10 speakers (I could use these as surround and surround back)
3. $350 - 4 Deftech promonitor 800s (surround + surround back) + a Deftech center (not sure which model)

Sound quality wise, I believe the Pioneers are the best, but they are also quite big compared to the other two options.

Not having atmos before, I am not sure how much value the surround back and height channels add.

Which option would you choose and why ?

Top Bottom