• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

<Sold> MiniDSP SHD

feynman

Purchased new last year, and still in excellent as-new condition. Includes original packaging.

Local Phoenix area preferred, but I could be talked into shipping it as well.

Asking $900 (+shipping/fees if necessary).

Thanks for looking, and please let me know if you have any questions.

-mitch

IMG_5738.jpeg

IMG_5729.jpeg

IMG_5735.jpeg

SteveC

I've been thinking about getting one of these for myself. Looks like I'm too late for this one. If you don't mind sharing I'd be curious to hear about your experience with the SHD and why you decided it wasn't for you. Thanks!

OP
feynman

feynman

The SHD is a clever device, and it opened my eyes to the power of room correction. I had been using REW for a bit, but I wanted to try Dirac in a new system I put together. The ability to save a few different presets and calibrations was great, and whatever magic Dirac does was pretty astonishing sometimes. I ended up with a favorite Dirac preset that only corrected below 400Hz, calibrated to a specific listening position, but you'd think it changed the entire spectrum, and added effects, and ... who knows? It was a pretty startling transformation. I had another for a larger audience, and some other slots just for experimenting with bass enhancement, etc.

The only reason I'm parting with this one is because I've redone the room I'm in, and have moved a Mac in as my primary audio source. I'll be running everything with software on the Mac now, so I no longer need the SHD.

There is a short learning curve for their sometimes clunky software logic, but it's already been improved with the new control panel.

I already miss the remote control. Quick volume changes, mutes, and turning Dirac on/off...from the couch...got me spoiled.

OP
feynman

feynman

Officially sold. Thank you.

I can't edit the original post now it seems.

Last edited:

SteveC

The SHD is a clever device, and it opened my eyes to the power of room correction. I had been using REW for a bit, but I wanted to try Dirac in a new system I put together. The ability to save a few different presets and calibrations was great, and whatever magic Dirac does was pretty astonishing sometimes. I ended up with a favorite Dirac preset that only corrected below 400Hz, calibrated to a specific listening position, but you'd think it changed the entire spectrum, and added effects, and ... who knows? It was a pretty startling transformation. I had another for a larger audience, and some other slots just for experimenting with bass enhancement, etc.

The only reason I'm parting with this one is because I've redone the room I'm in, and have moved a Mac in as my primary audio source. I'll be running everything with software on the Mac now, so I no longer need the SHD.

There is a short learning curve for their sometimes clunky software logic, but it's already been improved with the new control panel.

I already miss the remote control. Quick volume changes, mutes, and turning Dirac on/off...from the couch...got me spoiled.
Thanks for sharing!!!

Top Bottom