• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SOLD!!!: miniDSP OpenDRC-DI - $200 shipped - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For sale, one miniDSP OpenDRC-DI, $200 shipped to anywhere in US.

This device consists of a miniSHARC + DIGI-FP + VOL-FP in a 1/2 RU enclosure. I originally purchased it to harvest the miniSHARC as they are no longer sold directly by miniDSP but the project went in a different direction and this has been sitting unused.

From a hardware standpoint the DIGI-FP provides AES, coaxial and TOSLINK stereo inputs / outputs, however if you are interested in DIY the miniSHARC can provide up to 8 outputs via I2S. VOL-FP provides IR control as well as physical knob to change volume, configuration and source.

This device can run the following plugins:

1) miniSHARC: 48 kHz sample rate, 9600 FIR taps total, max 2048 taps/ch, 8 ch output
2) miniSHARC-96: 96 kHz sample rate, 3400 FIR taps total, max 2048 taps/ch, 8 ch output
3) OpenDRC 2x2: 48 kHz sample rate, 12296 taps total, 2 ch output

Compared to other miniDSP platforms this device is the most flexible in terms of user defined FIR processing as it allows you to run at 48 kHz which greatly maximizes what you can do with FIR. All plugins also have extensive IIR capabilities to implement PEQ / x-overs and delay.

This device is also very useful as a front end to a CamillaDSP based system using physical inputs (AES, TOSLINK, etc). The DIGI-FP is based on the SRC4382 which provide high quality asynchronous sample rate conversion to either 48 or 96 kHz depending on plugin. This means you can provide multiple sources of different sample rates and it will always output a consistent sample rate. This means you can run CamillaDSP at a constant sample rate with no need to restart when switching sources / sample rates. I personally use one of these running the miniSHARC-96 plugin for source selection and ASRC upstream of my Okto dac8 pro in a CamillaDSP based system.

It will come with 5 V SMPS and USB cable. A remote is not provided but it has IR learning capability.

Michael

Attachments

• IMG_7978.jpeg
    IMG_7978.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7977.jpeg
    IMG_7977.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_7976.jpeg
    IMG_7976.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
Last edited: