• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Software for analysing recordings

EightSeconds

Presently I use the built in audio-graph visualiser in QuickTime on macOS to analyse my recordings. However, it takes a long time to filter through everything and so I am looking for something more advanced.

Screen Shot 2023-08-13 at 22.43.25.png

I am looking for some open source software that can help me speed up my analysis in two ways:

1/ Set the time of the recording from the beginning so that any portion I cut away will automatically know what the relative timestamp would be and then insert that (regex style) into the filename.
2/ From a sample fed in automatically search for a specific sound e.g. a person's voice, a bird, washing machine... so that I don't have to manually sift through everything.

If possible I would like something open source, but any suggestion will do. Forget not that I live in the macOS world, so cannot use anything on Windows.

Thanks in advance !

Back
Top Bottom