• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Snake Oil Department, Top This

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What's really incredible to me is that people buy this stuff ...
No, it’s incredible that you can make all kinds of claims, and get away with it! This is the technology section:

In the past, we have attempted to explain in more detail, the science behind this technology. Unfortunately, we find that more information tends to bring out the skeptics, so we now elect to remain informative, yet vague. We like to say "most people don't know how the cell phone works, but that doesn't stop them from using it." We feel our products are similar in that it is not critical to know how they work in order to enjoy them.
It’s pure and unadulterated nonsense :facepalm:

MarkS

Major Contributor
Made even better by the fact that the devices themselves appear to be pieces of wood!

"The Bybee-QSE [Quantum Signal Enhancer] is a compact (4 X 6 X 1/4 Inch) attractive walnut wood panel, with a felt-covered bottom."

Quantum-Signal-Enhancer-Wood-300x240.jpg

LOL!

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I learned about this product recently.
I... I didn't realize that there was ground-breaking research that had been going on in grounding!?!
Must've been DARPA funded...
They're way ahead of the weather machine and germ-warfare divisions.

audiofooled

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No, it’s incredible that you can make all kinds of claims, and get away with it! This is the technology section:

Apparently there's also a quantum tweak to be attached to the back of the drivers and it works like a charm. In case it doesn't, you then have to pull out the driver once again to remove it. o_O
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0620/Loudspeaker_Mega_Tweakfest_Review.htm
I think I'm gonna lay down now...

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The Bybee folks have been at this ~20 years now. They boasted about NASA technology, iirc. :rolleyes:
Also, I recall some nonsense about it being from Top Secret military research. They'd have to shoot you if you understood!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Also, I recall some nonsense about it being from Top Secret military research. They'd have to shoot you if you understood!
If I ever heard anyone yapping about truly top secret stuff, I would make the call and he would get a visit fairly quick. Plus he would have to flip on his source and give him or her up too. The FBI and DOD like to take that stuff seriously even if a politician gets away with releasing secret info in a press interview. The FBI agent that gets the case would be salivating over his good luck. Super easy case to crack!

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In the past, we have attempted to explain in more detail, the science behind this technology. Unfortunately, we find that more information tends to bring out the skeptics, so we now elect to remain informative, yet vague. We like to say "most people don't know how the cell phone works, but that doesn't stop them from using it." We feel our products are similar in that it is not critical to know how they work in order to enjoy them.

"When you believe in things
That you don't understand,
Then you suffer,
Superstition ain't the way"

-- Stevie Wonder

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
most people don't know how the cell phone works, but that doesn't stop them from using it.

The big difference between their garbage and a mobile phone, is the ingorant user can see the mobile phone works. They can acutally make a call, and speak to somone on the other end.

soundtrane

Dealer
Only 7.490 euros for a mains cable. A real bargain
Being a film maker (in absentia) i would so much like to get the account of these blokes, surely a lot of money to be made from making these commercials for them. But probably not as much as needed to buy one of these power cables. Heh.

soundtrane

Dealer
in the 'actual snake oil' department:

Now i dont know who amongst here has used this. Needless to say i got some of this and have used it on pro gear that comes to me for repairs at times quite unkempt. However MG Chem also has a 'contact cleaner' which may be much cheaper...

<<
Thus, when applied to electromechanical contacts, Stabilant 22 provides the wide-bandpass connection reliability of a soldered joint without bonding the contacting surfaces together!
>>

https://stabilant.com/ [old non-HTTPS site]

cheers,
-vin

Top Bottom