• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Snake Oil Department, Top This

egellings

Major Contributor
I've said it before. For a long time Duelund was responsible for keeping my national pride at bay, but then I discovered Ansuz. A whole new level of embarrassment :facepalm:
I like the stitching around the logo. It's like that found on the steering wheel covers on expensive sports cars.

jkasch

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
the Series 2 SPTPC cables allowed me to hear very soft noises, the noises associated with Golub moving his hands across the frets and strings of the guitar. I could visualize him patiently letting each note develop. :facepalm:

bkatbamna

I wonder how many of those cables have been sold so far.
They don't really need to sell that many. The way that they profit from them is that they declare:
"These cables have 90% of the performance of our top of the line but for less than half the price." Then the company sells 20 or 30 pairs for $10,000 to gullible audiophooles.

chatGPT has an opinion as well

Attachments

• 4CE61EEB-49BD-4E1C-9DD2-1DCB9D7D2AB3.jpeg
    4CE61EEB-49BD-4E1C-9DD2-1DCB9D7D2AB3.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 137

Phoney

chatGPT has an opinion as well

I asked about the same once, only that i wrote "does cables impact the sound in an audio system?". Back then it replied that it does, but when I asked if people could differentiate between cables in blind testing, it said that they could not. A bit contradictory. Maybe it has changed its reply on the subject since then.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
OK.
I am sorely tempted to start a thread ab initio on this important new audiophile product, but I fear that there's no title I could put on it sexy enough to insure that anyone'd look at it... so I am going to just drop this here. :)

We're all used to the 39 dollar distortion boxes that use abstruse Chinese or Russian pentodes to... umm... do something to the signal that is subjected to them. What we haven't seen is many serious audiophile products that -- in all likelihood -- do the same thing, albeit with more audiophile-approved active components (ahem, tubes -- triodes, of course), and with audiophile-approved price tags.

Until now.

This gap in the audiophile product space has been... heh-heh-heh... rectified.

So this appears to be a buffer, but one that gives you the choice of two different flavors of twin triode (6922 or 6SN7) to... do whatever it is that they do to your otherwise fairly pristine signal. If they were proper (i.e., properly designed and built) buffers, of course, the choice of triode should make very little if any audible difference... but this is an audiophile product.

Plus (!) it has vacuum tube rectification and solid state regulation. Crikey! :)

Finally, it's future-proof! I am diggin' this new audiophile marketing gimmick!

The Analog Bridge was designed to fill a niche left by our custom tube modifications for digital source equipment. Due to the rapidly changing world of modern digital, we wanted a product that could be used with a variety of digital and analog SS sources. The Analog Bridge will not be replaced as digital technology progresses and system components change. It is an accessory that will be a constant and improvement in your system.
The purpose of the Analog Bridge, is to add the strengths and positive attributes of tubes to any system, without the bandwidth limitation, noise and added distortion that many associated with tube electronics.

Take my money!

:cool:

analog-bridge-001-website-1.png

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OK.
I am sorely tempted to start a thread ab initio on this important new audiophile product, but I fear that there's no title I could put on it sexy enough to insure that anyone'd look at it... so I am going to just drop this here. :)

We're all used to the 39 dollar distortion boxes that use abstruse Chinese or Russian pentodes to... umm... do something to the signal that is subjected to them. What we haven't seen is many serious audiophile products that -- in all likelihood -- do the same thing, albeit with more audiophile-approved active components (ahem, tubes -- triodes, of course), and with audiophile-approved price tags.

Until now.

This gap in the audiophile product space has been... heh-heh-heh... rectified.

So this appears to be a buffer, but one that gives you the choice of two different flavors of twin triode (6922 or 6SN7) to... do whatever it is that they do to your otherwise fairly pristine signal. If they were proper (i.e., properly designed and built) buffers, of course, the choice of triode should make very little if any audible difference... but this is an audiophile product.

Plus (!) it has vacuum tube rectification and solid state regulation. Crikey! :)

Finally, it's future-proof! I am diggin' this new audiophile marketing gimmick!

Take my money!

:cool:

analog-bridge-001-website-1.png
I'll confess, it still looks like the cheapy Chinese amps on eBay. Hopefully not as dangerous as some.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I'll confess, it still looks like the cheapy Chinese amps on eBay. Hopefully not as dangerous as some.
I mean... it's bigger. ;)

analog-bridge-002-1.png

Speaking of the cheap Asian effects boxes: The one with the direct-heated Loktal tubes is the one that really flummoxed me, FWIW.
Gotta be magic, with direct-heated cathode/filaments! :rolleyes:

1676564778883.png

The tube rollers have to cut the envelopes off the nearest Russian 'equivalent' tubes...

1676564718650.png

In seriousness, though -- I wonder if the ModWright thing actually uses high voltage (you know, appropriate voltage) for the plates.
I suspect (?!?) it might.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I mean... it's bigger. ;)

analog-bridge-002-1.png

Speaking of the cheap Asian effects boxes: The one with the direct-heated Loktal tubes is the one that really flummoxed me, FWIW.
Gotta be magic, with direct-heated cathode/filaments! :rolleyes:

View attachment 265216
The tube rollers have to cut the envelopes off the nearest Russian 'equivalent' tubes...

View attachment 265215

In seriousness, though -- I wonder if the ModWright thing actually uses high voltage (you know, appropriate voltage) for the plates.
I suspect (?!?) it might.
Making a reasonable anode voltage and current costs money. I'd be shocked (so to speak).

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Making a reasonable anode voltage and current costs money. I'd be shocked (so to speak).
This is an audiophile product we're talkin' about (JJ tubes notwithstanding)!
I actually kind of hate to think what these cost...
Not $39.95 on that rainforest-themed company's site, I reckon.

PS bonus points for the play on words. I was quite jolted by that.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh man...from today's Stereophile Florida Audio Expo show report:

---------------------------

"Synergistic Research, a company owned and run by inveterate inventor and mega-tweaker Ted Denney. Synergistic is primarily known for high-end cables that sell for a small fortune (for instance, its new SRX Slimline speaker wires start at $17,500), but that's not where Denney's quest for audio improvements stops; it's where it begins.

I'd hardly settled into my chair when he demonstrated the effect of his $1500 "Vibratron," a roughly six-feet-tall metal rod with two baseball-sized spheres, one gold-plated (for warmer sound), one silver (for brighter sound; mix and match to taste). They're resonators that Denney modeled after "forgotten Greek and Roman technology." To hear him tell it, the ancients knew how to use rounded vessels to improve room acoustics and intelligibility.

Next, we were on to the benefits of his MiG SX bidirectional equipment footers, $995 for a set of three, which you can install pointing up or down according to the sound signature you prefer. The MiGs are claimed to "improve nearly every aspect of system performance," starting with a "denser soundfield." I could hear the difference, couldn't I?"

----------------------

It's like a pure gullibility test. If that doesn't peg your B.S. meter to "11," your B.S. meter is simply broken. And you are just the type of consumer these folks need.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh man...from today's Stereophile Florida Audio Expo show report:

---------------------------

"Synergistic Research, a company owned and run by inveterate inventor and mega-tweaker Ted Denney. Synergistic is primarily known for high-end cables that sell for a small fortune (for instance, its new SRX Slimline speaker wires start at $17,500), but that's not where Denney's quest for audio improvements stops; it's where it begins.

I'd hardly settled into my chair when he demonstrated the effect of his $1500 "Vibratron," a roughly six-feet-tall metal rod with two baseball-sized spheres, one gold-plated (for warmer sound), one silver (for brighter sound; mix and match to taste). They're resonators that Denney modeled after "forgotten Greek and Roman technology." To hear him tell it, the ancients knew how to use rounded vessels to improve room acoustics and intelligibility.

Next, we were on to the benefits of his MiG SX bidirectional equipment footers, $995 for a set of three, which you can install pointing up or down according to the sound signature you prefer. The MiGs are claimed to "improve nearly every aspect of system performance," starting with a "denser soundfield." I could hear the difference, couldn't I?"

----------------------

It's like a pure gullibility test. If that doesn't peg your B.S. meter to "11," your B.S. meter is simply broken. And you are just the type of consumer these folks need.
It really has reached the point of Poe's Law, where you can't effectively mock it.

FlyingFreak

Dude is selling an active tranquility rack.

I am rotfl

I want a rack that activates anytime it doesn’t feel tranquille too! I would love for my electronics to know they are sitting on a rack that pays attention to the mood. And the mood it goes for is tranquille.

Now that my electronics is sitting on my brand new active tranquility rack, they aren’t shy to show off all the hidden details they simply were too anxious to be able to reveal otherwise.

Tranquility rack, you will love rediscovering music.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Kv7eFJ96wmmNJAUj9wDt4W-1920-80.jpg.webp

Good god.

I'd love to be able to force Sony to explain how that is better for sound - complete with measurements to back it up.

When a mainstream manufacturer like Sony starts oiling their way into the market like this the industry is truly screwed.

EDIT : I notice that article is from 2015 - hopefully it bombed hard.

EDIT Some more : Pretty much every search result is from 2015 - and most seem to roundly mock it like the video below. If anything should persuade you that Sony is not the company for you, the fact that they have moved in this direction (even if 8 years ago, and even failed), it should be this.

Last edited:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When a mainstream manufacturer like Sony starts oiling their way into the market like this the industry is truly screwed.
Agreed 100%.

EDIT Some more : Pretty much every search result is from 2015 - and most seem to roundly mock it like the video below. If anything should persuade you that Sony is not the company for you, the fact that they have moved in this direction (even if 8 years ago, and even failed), it should be this.
Oh, they also raised quite a few red flags back in 2016...
1000020364.png

How the heck the copper chassis of a DAP would have anything to do with acoustics or conductivity?!

Last edited:
Top Bottom