• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Snake Oil Department, Top This

It's already been done to the extreme ;):
I got a boldspot from scratching my head on this one.o_O
Is that your own attached photo of the product? << Do they work?
They're finally here! The 2nd generation of phonosophy 2D chips with the latest i10 information.
This versatile all-purpose weapon against the unpopular whirls of potential is the basis for a live and spatially homogeneous reproduction of music.
The Aktivator 2D chips are ideal for use on plugs, sockets, circuit boards and their components, displays but also on LP, CD, DVD and many more.
The i10 Phonosophie 2D chips consist of a plastic carrier and multilayer information and require a total processing time of over 2,400 hours for activation and information. For quality reasons, the individual informed layers are applied in a printing machine that is suppressed by phonosophy.
I think I need to take a crash course in this new language.

Is that your own attached photo of the product? << Do they work?

Nahh, I took a screen grab from the product home page. But I bet they do "work". Placebo is one hell of a drug.

These look even more like a minimal effort con job. Just plain round stickers without the 'P' in the middle. €79 for a sheet o_O

"Extremely inexpensive interference suppression method" :D:facepalm:

Jesus :facepalm:

(This is not blasphemy. Jesus himself walked around the holy lands in a permanent facepalm pose. And he didn't even have to deal with the audiophools, just ordinary humanity.)
He was flummoxed at what he heard from the locals at that time. He dealt with human stupidity FAR BETTER than I do. But, I'm trying hard to emulate his ability. But as I heard from some guy in the White House "Come on man"!
I'm falling short every day! :facepalm:

These devices are so good I want to sell mine. Another Synergistic Research load of BS. They have people convinced that sound waves are Electro Magnetic Radiation and not a pressure wave in AIR.

There is no hope now. They must have told him in the Mental Institution that there are no walls and he is free to leave anytime he wants. Hence when he sees walls he doesn't see them.

1668138587861.png

ATMOSPHERE technology cleans up frequency noise that occurs outside of our audible hearing range that would otherwise distort harmonic structure within the music signal. With this advancement the noise floor drops allowing for higher resolution, refinement and a significant increase in soundstage air with improved mid-range clarity and low frequency control within a more holographic presentation.

This phenomenon occurs completely outside of the signal path. In fact, absolutely nothing is added in the signal path: ATMOSPHERE performs completely independent from your audio system.

Your ATMOSPHERE is ready and prepared for “plug & play” application. Only 48 hours is necessary for its performance to settle in fully and for you to receive the optimum listening experience.

So it does nothing you can hear and it's plug and play but connects to nothing.

SUCKERS

These devices are so good I want to sell mine. Another Synergistic Research load of BS. They have people convinced that sound waves are Electro Magnetic Radiation and not a pressure wave in AIR.

There is no hope now. They must have told him in the Mental Institution that there are no walls and he is free to leave anytime he wants. Hence when he sees walls he doesn't see them.

View attachment 242555
I have a friend who once made the walls disappear. Actual working technology called a “sledgehammer”.

I can’t say that his audio equipment sounded any better though.

View attachment 242555
If it's so effective, why is he selling it on?

If it's so effective, why is he selling it on?
Why stop with the mini... there are of course ever more expensive upgrades
Buy the top of the range XL4, replace the red ATM with the green ATM for even better results.

"Next stop, the twilight zone" and the first paragraphs tell us that it compensates for the effects of the Sun. They're giving us big hints here, aren't they?

Alternatively, our seller may just have got fed up waiting for the app fix and being stuck on iOS 11, so just decided only to listen at night :)

It gets better.

There was a time when StereoNet would not have had a thread about expensive power cables without challenge over both safety and value.

There was a high water mark, and a wonderful thread from several years ago, when someone from SR actually joined the form to “offer help” and was basically sent packing.

But the forums are attached to a subjectivist business that the site owner was growing. I guess it was always going to end this way.

Not all the good people have left but those still rhere prefer to keep out of trouble, it seems.

A fair fee of the refugees are active here.

Oh, and Australia does have a Topping distrbutor.

On February 8th, you can finally get your audiophile grade snake oil in liquid form. I haven’t been able to find any details as I’m not on the relevant social media platforms where this is being discussed, but a friend sent me a link to a Tweet. Get ready for 3D enhancer solution. Now your favorite musicians will be right in the room with you.
Apologies for bringing this out of the catacombs of this thread, but in 2021, the owner of this company hosted a seminar at T.H.E. Show in Los Angeles. I was there

He started out by giving a 5 second demo of the Super Mario theme song being played over midi by a massive tesla coil (never was brought back up or connected in any way to his product). Then for the next hour he spoke about his childhood, and his struggles, and how one day he woke up and Jesus spoke to him and explained his purpose was to make the contact enhancer. The jesus revelation was legitimately 55min into his 1hr seminar slot. He then revealed the product, gave pricing, explained the satisfaction guarantee, and that was it. No explanation on how it works or improves anything. No technical details, nothing. It ended abruptly and everyone was ushered out for the next speaker to setup.

I really, really wish I was making this up. It was one of the most surreal things i've ever attended and felt like it was an elaborate skit. My friend and I kept looking at each-other trying to figure out if this was really happening.

Announcement on their FB

Stereophile opinion post (he also bought the fluid, lol)

Last edited:
Apologies for bringing this out of the catacombs of this thread, but in 2021, the owner of this company hosted a seminar at T.H.E. Show in Los Angeles. I was there

He started out by giving a 5 second demo of the Super Mario theme song being played over midi by a massive tesla coil (never was brought back up or connected in any way to his product). Then for the next hour he spoke about his childhood, and his struggles, and how one day he woke up and Jesus spoke to him and explained his purpose was to make the contact enhancer. The jesus revelation was legitimately 55min into his 1hr seminar slot. He then revealed the product, gave pricing, explained the satisfaction guarantee, and that was it. No explanation on how it works or improves anything. No technical details, nothing. It ended abruptly and everyone was ushered out for the next speaker to setup.

I really, really wish I was making this up. It was one of the most surreal things i've ever attended and felt like it was an elaborate skit. My friend and I kept looking at each-other trying to figure out if this was really happening.

Announcement on their FB

Stereophile opinion post (he also bought the fluid, lol)
What an absolute load of diatribe, drivel, and snot. As I said before this whole industry is being over run by charlatans, witch doctors and out right thieves ably supported by a gullible stream of easily influenced people with too much money and a bunch of advertisers who will promote their buzzard salve at any expense to profit themselves.

Magazines that review products and advertise at the same time are the guilty party allowing this to happen.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Stereophile, What HiFi. The absolute Sound, HiFi News, Sound and Image etc have all created the environment that have allowed the likes of Denney, Paul, Nordost and countless other to flourish. Grounding boxes, give me break.

When they are taken to task they attack the science thats backs their duck swill claims with......"Not Science".

"And the believers follow him to dessert where their thirst awaits for the next product"

... this whole industry is being over run by charlatans, witch doctors and out right thieves ably supported by a gullible stream of easily influenced people with too much money and a bunch of advertisers who will promote their buzzard salve at any expense to profit themselves...
In this particular guy's "defense" (if you can even call it that) i genuinely think he is actually completely delusional and truly believes it. He was actually sobbing, getting down on his knees, and crying when recounting the story. Very convincing if you were even on the edge of trusting "tweak" culture.

Either that, or, he needs an acting agent ASAP because it was an oscar-worthy pity/guilt-tripping performance.

Back
Top Bottom