• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Snake Oil Department, Top This

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Those are legit products. Ceramic power cable isolators are on power line poles. Cost $5 or so. But their use case migrating to the audiophile realm is a bit of a fantasy. It does keep cables routing tidy.
202211_BoatShoe.jpg

My personal favorite are these but after I put some mileage on them.
  • They come in pairs (left / right)
  • The rubber soles provide vibration reduction
  • The rubber soles also provide ground isolation
  • The leather uppers (not PU leather) provide warmth by absorbing HF noise
  • The laces are used for cable management
  • Excess cable can be stuffed inside the boat shoe
  • The side-mesh allows the cable to breath and vent out access heat
Any takers?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Those are legit products. Ceramic power cable isolators are on power line poles. Cost $5 or so. But their use case migrating to the audiophile realm is a bit of a fantasy. It does keep cables routing tidy.
SFe7KkC.jpg
I'll start calling them legit for that use when audiophiles start running 13kV lines across the room.

HedgeHog

I'll start calling them legit for that use when audiophiles start running 13kV lines across the room.
I think you guys are running to reply without reading it. They ARE a legit product...for high voltage lines. I did say that audiophile usage is a bit over the top. Cripes...ppl.

noiseangel

It sounds different because it's been disconnected for over a week. It sounds cold and lacks tonality.

BeeKay

It sounds different because it's been disconnected for over a week. It sounds cold and lacks tonality.

I managed to listen like 20 seconds. Now my brain cramps. Thanks for the headache :)

noiseangel

I managed to listen like 20 seconds. Now my brain cramps. Thanks for the headache :)
Sorry about that. He's like the Charlie Chaplin of the audio world.

audiofooled

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Oh well, my system runs perfect from the regular outlet - therefore it's not an ultra high end, I guess...

Ahmonge

Forum Donor
Oh well, my system runs perfect from the regular outlet - therefore it's not an ultra high end, I guess...
Regular outlet? Why not running your system out of a decenr & affordable power strip like the ones seen here?

"...because the reproduced music is actually nothing more than an electronically processed electric current, which is subsequently converted into the movement of the speakers, and therefore, if the supply current is distorted, the output must necessarily be distorted as well."

LINE-BLOCKER EXCLUSIVE 4,800€ Filter without isolation transformer 8 sockets Furutech Rhodium NCF
LINE-BLOCKER CLASSIC 3,650€ Filter without isolation transformer 8 sockets Furutech GOLD

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Perfect? It cannot be; it is out of your control.:(

AC MAINs voltage variations
AC MAINs frequency variations
AC MAINs 'earth ground' reference
AC MAINs phase used for audio and other AC MAINs connected-hardware about the house
AC MAINs spikes, noise, RFI/EMI both from the primary AC MAINs primary input and AC MAINs power-sharing inside the house/phase

I am not saying that these always will be attacking your audio system/sound but these are just some of the potential vulnerabilities if your audio hardware (and all other in-house electronics) do poor power management.

Ahmonge

Forum Donor
The power supply has to deal with them and get good filtered CC out of the AC mains.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Perfect? It cannot be; it is out of your control.:(

AC MAINs voltage variations
AC MAINs frequency variations
AC MAINs 'earth ground' reference
AC MAINs phase used for audio and other AC MAINs connected-hardware about the house
AC MAINs spikes, noise, RFI/EMI both from the primary AC MAINs primary input and AC MAINs power-sharing inside the house/phase

I am not saying that these always will be attacking your audio system/sound but these are just some of the potential vulnerabilities if your audio hardware (and all other in-house electronics) do poor power management.
That was a perfect write up to justify a PS Audio Regenerator unit. If Paul sees this he will use it for his customer service people when they are on the phone!

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That was a perfect write up to justify a PS Audio Regenerator unit. If Paul sees this he will use it for his customer service people when they are on the phone!
It should not be!
But ignoring these variables and factors do nothing but continue the myths that AC MAINs has zero impact on audio!
I may not be fully practicing what I preached above but I certainly am aware of the potential contributions that they can/may cause!
Can you tell PSA/Paul to bug off for me!;)
Should I apply for an NFT for my posts?

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Regular outlet? Why not running your system out of a decenr & affordable power strip like the ones seen here?

"...because the reproduced music is actually nothing more than an electronically processed electric current, which is subsequently converted into the movement of the speakers, and therefore, if the supply current is distorted, the output must necessarily be distorted as well."

LINE-BLOCKER EXCLUSIVE 4,800€ Filter without isolation transformer 8 sockets Furutech Rhodium NCF
LINE-BLOCKER CLASSIC 3,650€ Filter without isolation transformer 8 sockets Furutech GOLD
Dude(s) -- at the least, get some audiophile outlets. Mine are orange. Spec'd by me when the house was built.
Needless to say*, their audiophile cred is off the charts.

:cool:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Dude(s) -- at the least, get some audiophile outlets. Mine are orange. Spec'd by me when the house was built.
Needless to say*, their audiophile cred is off the charts.

:cool:

/Perpetuating the horn myths

Top Bottom