• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL SA300 / Infineon Class D

Schwedenkreuz

2.1/2 years and very happy. Sound is pristine. No hiss. From DSD to mp3 files, this little wonder offers excellent quality. With a mediocre Polk Monitor 40, even the most demanding music is heard well. What has impressed me the most is that depending on the way the music was recorded, the better the sound engineer has done it, the better it sounds. That is the only way to appreciate art. With a pre-amp the set is perfect.

My setup:

SMSL SA300 Amp/DAC
DAC (Pre-Amp) Sanskrit 10th MKⅡ
Belkin SOUNDFORM CONNECT Audio Adapter with AirPlay 2
iPad Pro M1
DAC FiiO X3 Portatil with Coax Connection for DSD, Flac and Hi Resolution files.
Speakers: Polk Monitor 40
Is there a lot of difference in sound when using Sanskrit instead of SA300 directly?

A Surfer

Major Contributor
Seriously? People think that a DAC or preamp should effect the sound signature audibly? Any DAC or preamp designed to meet minimally acceptable levels of performance that reach audible transparency will do the job fine. A $300 DAC can and should sound identical to a $3000 DAC if it has been designed correctly, which can be done for $300 these days. This sounds more like the discussions at head-fi.

Sir Oliver

I need advice. I have an SMSL Sanskrit 10th MkII DAC and would like to connect it to a digital amplifier. Which class D amplifier would you recommend? SMSL SA300 or another? Maybe SMSL AD18? I would only use the combination for listening to TV (optical) and CD (coax) with Q Acoustics 3020 speakers. Thank you.

Top Bottom