• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

SMSL Sánscrito 10th MKII AK4493 or TOPPING E30 DAC Hi-Res AK4493?

What dac do you recommend S.M.S.L Sanskrit 10th MKII AK4493 or TOPPING E30 DAC Hi-Res AK4493? Thank you.

Tks

Major Contributor
Depends on what your goal is. If you want a DAC in the color blue. Well you only have one choice.

They're both pretty good, you're not making a bad choice with either.

OP
DUKE-DUKE
Thread Starter #3
Depends on what your goal is. If you want a DAC in the color blue. Well you only have one choice.

My goal is to buy the one that offers me the best sound quality of these two models. Color doesn't matter to me.

Ron Texas

Major Contributor
I would go with Topping because I've had good luck with their products and sent back an SMSL M2. Sound wise it is unlikely you can tell the difference.

Tks

Major Contributor
My goal is to buy the one that offers me the best sound quality of these two models. Color doesn't matter to me.
Yeah as @Ron Texas said, I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference between each, but I think technically, the E30 is a bit better in terms of just sound. Though personally, I would get the SMSL out of novelty, just out of interest I'd like to try it, I like how you can orient it on it's side, or normally.

Ron Texas

Major Contributor
Yeah as @Ron Texas said, I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference between each, but I think technically, the E30 is a bit better in terms of just sound. Though personally, I would get the SMSL out of novelty, just out of interest I'd like to try it, I like how you can orient it on it's side, or normally.
Blue, Mulholland Drive... Open the box and wake up.

GPJ

What sealed the deal for me on E30 was the performance across all digital inputs. All perform nearly the same. This is a complete DAC in my mind. The display is also incredible and love the metal case. Bang for buck is amazing.

What would thrill me is all of what the E30 has to offer with XLR out sub $200. (to mate with my SP200)

Last edited:

JohnYang1997

Major Contributor

Both come with color blue if I'm not mistaken?