• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL M400 Randomly flipping polarity?

BronxCruz

My SMSL M400 has been infrequently flipping the polarity of one or the other of its channels, resulting in out of polarity stereo. So far every time its been remedied by powering it down. Very strange. Has anybody else encountered this? I'm on Windows 10 and it occurs no matter what software I'm using for file playback, and the DAC is only a few months old.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I would be contacting SMSL and obtaining a replacement or your dealer and getting a refund. Get out of it while you can.

Needing a power down to reset is often a sign of SMPS or local board supply/regulator related issues.

jokan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I would be contacting SMSL and obtaining a replacement or your dealer and getting a refund. Get out of it while you can.

Needing a power down to reset is often a sign of SMPS or local board supply/regulator related issues.

100% agree with your assessment. It's likely not as random as you think (probably repeatable) something is unhappy and is on it's way out.

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
how can you tell it's flipping polarity? when mine is connected to windows i get weirdness that requires me to power down and up again, but i've never been able to tell the audible difference between correct and flipped polarity. @SMSL-Mandy has assured me that if i continue to have problems they can repair in the US. i bought this one directly from SMSL and my sp400 from apos..

OP
B

BronxCruz

My SMSL M400 has been infrequently flipping the polarity of one or the other of its channels, resulting in out of polarity stereo. So far every time its been remedied by powering essay writer it down. Very strange. Has anybody else encountered this? I'm on Windows 10 and it occurs no matter what software I'm using for file playback, and the DAC is only a few months old.
thank you my issue has been solved

Top Bottom