• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Small Amps with Blue Tooth?

Ears of Tin

Similar situation, best speaker position bracketed our piano but I didn't want to put large equipment on top. Went with small form digital amp with Raspberry Pi player. The amp is SMSL DA-9 which is working flawlessly for me. Others have had problems and are recommending the SMSL AO200.

The wooden box next to amp houses an RPi3 player with a Hifiberry dac hat. Connects to amp with RCA but balanced connect is available. I use rAudio software and have also tried Moode. Both support bluetooth so amp can do without. rAudio will also support a USB CD player.
20210623_171802.jpg

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
The old early 1980s Sony integrated is a way better amplifier than any of the BT Class Ds being mentioned in this thread and you just use it for outside/porch speakers?

If the goal is actual high fidelity, forget bluetooth altogether.

OP
D

Destination: Moon

The old early 1980s Sony integrated is a way better amplifier than any of the BT Class Ds being mentioned in this thread and you just use it for outside/porch speakers?

If the goal is actual high fidelity, forget bluetooth altogether.

I actually have 2 of them.... Sony. TA555ES and TA AX500. Without doing an AB comparison, the DA9 sounds pretty damn good to my ears. Maybe I'll hook the old Sony in the new position. As for BT, I know it's supposed to be inferior. And when I have the desire, I hook up a good DAC. But for the life of me the HQ BT sounds awfully good to my old ears. It's not a drastic reduction in perceived quality that the numbers would lead you to believe

Wonder

I was looking for a simple solution to add a couple outdoor deck speakers to my home, but I didn't want to purchase a big receiver. At first, I was looking at a basic bluetooth speaker that I could use on the deck, but then in my searching, I came across this little gem! My only major requirement was that it had to be bluetooth so I could stream music from my phone and/or from my Amazon Echo. I purchased a pair of Polk Audio Atrium 4 outdoor speakers and this Fosi Audio amp with bluetooth. It was as simple as running the speaker wire, mounting the speakers in our soffit above our deck, and plugging the speaker wires into the back of the amp. This amp connects to our Amazon Echo and plays our Amazon music and Pandora flawlessly! My Echo is sitting about 20 feet away from the amp and it has no problems connecting and playing all of our music. I can sit on my deck and connect to the amp with my phone from about 40 feet away as well. I was really surprised about that. I absolutely love this amp. It is plenty powerful enough for our deck. I actually have the volume on the amp turned down to about half and then I control the rest of the volume with my Amazon Echo and/or my phone. If you are looking for a simple stereo bluetooth amplifier/speaker setup for your home, I would highly recommend this amp. https://fosiaudio.com/products/blue...dio-bt20a-updated?_pos=1&_sid=6bd36755d&_ss=r

Offler

I am using with DBR-62s NAD d3020v2 over TOSLINK, but its only 30w per channel in a small room.

Bluetooth... it supports aptX
https://www.aptx.com

Technology has to be supported by both sending and receiving device, and the quality should be better compared to standard bluetooth, but still
  • THD+N@1kHz: -67dB
  • SNR@1kHz: 93dB
Toslink is giving me better quality, roughly -83dB THD+N (and lower), SNR 99dB...

aptX HD is closer to Toslink values:
https://www.aptx.com/aptx-hd

Top Bottom