• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Should I upgrade my Dual CS 5000 turntable with a MC cartridge or get a Rega P6 with same cartridge?

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Addendum: The Sao Win tonearm was certainly 'based' upon the Castagna, however there were differences. Notably, the headshell and counterweight design, plus the addition of an anti-skating mech. Below are photos of the arm in his record player.

win tone.jpg

win sdc.jpg

dlaloum

Major Contributor
The Revox Linatrack, with its linear tracking ultra low mass, and super short tonearm, uses (used?) a unipivot design too - it is then stabilised with a magnetic system - and then lightly damped with a dab of grease at the unipivot.

As I recall there were also designs for more sophisiticated magnetic damped versions of that arm - but those never went into production.

Top Bottom