• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Never heard the HD700 but I did hear a number of the latest rave cans at the last audio show.
So far it appears I'll die with my HD650 ;)

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Heh true, I listened to the HD700 without EQ after all ;)
But then again, the comparison was against other headphones without EQ as well

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Never heard the HD700 but I did hear a number of the latest rave cans at the last audio show.
So far it appears I'll die with my HD650 ;)
Just make sure to gift it in your will to someone......may it live on in your name! :p

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Just make sure to gift it in your will to someone......may it live on in your name! :p
Well I having a custom coffin make with a built-in 7.2.4 Atmos rig.
But I'm taking my Senn's with me too in-case I become part of the walking dead and want some strolling music.
BRAINS BRAINS

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
But I'm taking my Senn's with me too in-case I become part of the walking dead and want some strolling music.
BRAINS BRAINS
Oh my in that case please give them away- I'd like to hear you humming a tune should you approach in that form :eek:

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
BRAINS BRAINS
I guess you CAN take it with you afterall! :D

yossarian

@amirm There is a typo in the last chart of the review (distortion before and after EQ): Accruacy vs Accuracy. It is not a big deal, since no one seemed to complain so far ;-)

onchuner

Thank you for great work
Does anyone know if it's possible to setup RME ADI-DAC 2 FS to use Amir's EQ settings?
I own HD-650

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you for great work
Does anyone know if it's possible to setup RME ADI-DAC 2 FS to use Amir's EQ settings?
I own HD-650

Amir's settings use two different bass shelves and the RME's PEQ only let you have one, however the tone controls are configurable so you can use its bass adjustment as a second shelf at the cost of giving up on the fly adjustments.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I just picked up an HD650 for $100 on Craigslist and I'm impressed. Thank you for the review.
Good price! I've had my 650s for a number of years and listened to many more at HiFi shows, etc. I haven't heard anything yet that made me want to get something else.

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Good price! I've had my 650s for a number of years and listened to many more at HiFi shows, etc. I haven't heard anything yet that made me want to get something else.
I have some others that I really like but I couldn't believe what I was hearing last night. I think I should sell the $700 ones that sound like the $100 ones... Will listen some more to make sure.

Last edited:

Fenix84

So I've owned the Sennheiser 599SEs for about 2 years and received the HD6XX yesterday. I must say its quite the upgrade, on first listen I was blown away by how clear everything sounded. I finally understand what people mean when they say the vocals are intimate. As for bass, there is a good amount of bass and it sounds great, I don't feel its lacking at all. Overall I am very happy with these, sturdy construction, clamp force is kind of strong out of the box, great sound and pads are comfy.

Used the headphones on my Hidizs S9 Pro with a balanced cable. Also totally new to the hobby and have experienced few headphones, so slowly immersing myself in the gear.

Top Bottom