• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sennheiser HD490 Pro Headphones

teashea

Addicted to Fun and Learning
First, the build quality is very good - considering that they are mostly plastic. But the plastic finish quality is good and the construction feels solid.

The comfort, for me, is very good. More comfortable than the Neumanns. The light weight is a benefit.

As far as sound, I was immediately impressed with the smooth fullness. Nowhere do they seems harsh. The bass is solid but not intrusive or boosted. There does not seem to be any frequency range where they emphasize what it there in the source. It all works in a nicely integrated fashion.

I hear a real family similarity to the NDH30's (and the Neumann monitors). I like that. I have no problem switching among these.

I still have a slight preference for the NDH30's. The metal construction and build quality is better, but with a weight penalty. I find the NDH30's a bit more open sounding and more detailed. But it is very close.

Props to Sennheiser.

Top Bottom