• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Samsung Buds2 Pro - what other BT IEMs are worth trying?

preload

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I really like the Samsung Buds2 Pro bluetooth IEMs.

Are there any better bluetooth earbuds out there? Or is this it?

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

For now, and especially at that cost by today (don't now in US, but here these actually retail from 69 to 99€ with Samsung offers)... No. I don't think there's any better option. It's a tremendous value. I use these everyday on the go and couldn't be happier for the price I paid.

RTINGS measured and ranked different TWS... Still, these are ranked according to different criteria, not only sound reproduction.

@crinacle also has a tier list, but outdated:

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My favorite are the Sennheiser Momentum 2 and 3. They have a recertified page and 10 percent off if you sing up for the mailing list. They come with a 2 year warranty even on the factory refurbished ones.
There's also Bluetooth .78mm adapters to make wired wireless. Put the 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 on them and you'll really be set.

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning

I think that at this point moving to another decently measuring pair of TWS will just be a game of trying to find a pair of IEMs that just happens to better match in situ what you individually prefer, and to some degree you'll be shooting in the dark. Perhaps give JBL earbuds a try, maybe one of them will happen to sound better to you ? Or perhaps try to find TWS IEMs with a decent on-board EQ function (JBL may apply here, albeit they're limited in what can be done, particularly at higher frequencies - I've also read that the Nothing Ear 2 have a built-in PEQ which seems quite rare).

I take it that you're on Android ?

OP
preload

preload

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My favorite are the Sennheiser Momentum 2 and 3. They have a recertified page and 10 percent off if you sing up for the mailing list. They come with a 2 year warranty even on the factory refurbished ones.
There's also Bluetooth .78mm adapters to make wired wireless. Put the 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 on them and you'll really be set.
Have you heard the Samsung Buds2 Pro? If so, you like the Senn's better?

OP
preload

preload

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think that at this point moving to another decently measuring pair of TWS will just be a game of trying to find a pair of IEMs that just happens to better match in situ what you individually prefer, and to some degree you'll be shooting in the dark. Perhaps give JBL earbuds a try, maybe one of them will happen to sound better to you ? Or perhaps try to find TWS IEMs with a decent on-board EQ function (JBL may apply here, albeit they're limited in what can be done, particularly at higher frequencies - I've also read that the Nothing Ear 2 have a built-in PEQ which seems quite rare).

I take it that you're on Android ?
Good thought! Yes, I've tried the JBL Club Pro+ TWS IEMs that are also fairly close to the Harman target. But these (and the Buds2) are designed to fit a lower budget.
Are there any JBL models that should sound better? Will check out Nothing Ear 2. Yes, Android.

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Are there any JBL models that should sound better?

I don't think that I could be categorical in any way :D. At this point it's really about trying to find something that suits you better, whether it's because the in situ response turns out to be more preferable because of how they fit you (insertion depth among others) or because the basal response is more preferable to you overall :D. My sentiment here is that fiddling with EQ might be the best solution for you if you want to go further than what the Buds2 Pro already provide.

Yes, Android.

So I don't think that the AirPods Pro 2 are a particularly great recommendation then, they'll be a bit of a PITA to operate and update.

sharock

Despite all the great sounding/measuring IEMs I own (recent fave being Truthear Nova), the one I choose most when going outside are the Buds2Pro EQ'd with Wavelet. The noise cancelling is too valuable around London where everything is noisy. Perfect tonality means nothing if I can't hear it.

Can Truthear, Moon or 7Hz please make an awesome NC wireless IEM?:D

someguyontheinternet

Moondrop has two TWS models, the Nekocake and the Space Travel (I think they used to have another model, but it was discontinued?).
I have owned and used the Nekocake for a little more than a year now. While the sound quality is pretty ok (needs some EQ to be satisfying to me), the ANC is very lacking compared to more mainstream brands. The shallow fit is nice and comfortable for me though so I keep using them.

sharock

Moondrop has two TWS models, the Nekocake and the Space Travel (I think they used to have another model, but it was discontinued?).
I have owned and used the Nekocake for a little more than a year now. While the sound quality is pretty ok (needs some EQ to be satisfying to me), the ANC is very lacking compared to more mainstream brands. The shallow fit is nice and comfortable for me though so I keep using them.
What I'm hearing is they are not awesome.;)

I have very few complaints about the Buds2 Pro. Battery life is probably the weakest point.

paudio

My favorite is Logitech G Fits due to the semi custom fit. Isolation not good though. Can use them low latency with the usb dongle. Microphone isn't very good though.

Would love to try advanced audio's test CIEM or their custom tips for some other tws.

OP
preload

preload

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Despite all the great sounding/measuring IEMs I own (recent fave being Truthear Nova), the one I choose most when going outside are the Buds2Pro EQ'd with Wavelet. The noise cancelling is too valuable around London where everything is noisy. Perfect tonality means nothing if I can't hear it.

I will check out Wavelet, thanks for sharing this! All of the EQ apps I tried a couple yrs ago were slow and buggy. Hope this one is better.
BTW, how did you determine your EQ settings for the Buds2Pro?

sharock

Top Bottom