• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RP4 + Moode audio: gain?

Geertidow

Dear fellow forum member,

I have a RP4 running Moode, Xbox and phono pre feeding a DDRC-24 (feeding a Sony TA-530R amplifier).
The volume of the RP4 is a lot lower than the xbox and phono.
To make things easier at home, it would be great if I could increase the output volume of the RP4 so that all sources are roughly the same volume.

Does anyone know if you can increase the gain on Moode?

Thanks,

Geert

MCH

Major Contributor
How is the pi connected to the ddrc24? Do you have a DAC hat or similar?
Is the volume in moode maxed and all the EQ gains etc flat?

OP
G

Geertidow

How is the pi connected to the ddrc24? Do you have a DAC hat or similar?
Is the volume in moode maxed and all the EQ gains etc flat?
USB connection, volume Moode set on (software) because I want to be able to control volume in Spotify app.

MCH

Major Contributor
USB connection, volume Moode set on (software) because I want to be able to control volume in Spotify app.
So:
RPI -> ddrc24 USB
Console -> ddrc24 toslink
Turntable -> ddrc24 analog
?
I don't remember how exactly the ddrc24 software works, but I believe it is possible to set a different gain for each source (or create different confs?) so that you can align them to your preference?
I can check later or maybe other owners can chime in

OP
G

Geertidow

So:
RPI -> ddrc24 USB
Console -> ddrc24 toslink
Turntable -> ddrc24 analog
?
I don't remember how exactly the ddrc24 software works, but I believe it is possible to set a different gain for each source (or create different confs?) so that you can align them to your preference?
I can check later or maybe other owners can chime in
Correct (connection scheme)

I was under the impression that setting gain for each input wasnt possible on the DDRC24, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

That's why I hope Moode can help

MCH

Major Contributor
Correct (connection scheme)

I was under the impression that setting gain for each input wasnt possible on the DDRC24, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

That's why I hope Moode can help
You are probably right, but how do you change sources currently? I guess changing configurations? In this case, can't you set different gains at the output for each configuration?
You can also set a different gain in moode, for instance, activating camilladsp and adding gain filters. But as you say you want to increase the gain of the moode source, that is, adding a positive gain, I am not sure it is a good idea, because of the risk of clipping the signal... It is probably best to lower the gain of the other two configs in ddrc24 (newbie here, please seek confirmation from others)

OP
G

Geertidow

You are probably right, but how do you change sources currently? I guess changing configurations? In this case, can't you set different gains at the output for each configuration?
You can also set a different gain in moode, for instance, activating camilladsp and adding gain filters. But as you say you want to increase the gain of the moode source, that is, adding a positive gain, I am not sure it is a good idea, because of the risk of clipping the signal... It is probably best to lower the gain of the other two configs in ddrc24 (newbie here, please seek confirmation from others)
I change sources by pressing the source button on the MiniDSP remote. I just got a response from MiniDSP that the DDRC does not allow for selective gain adjustment, only a master volume countrol.
So the option of negative gain on the other sources is not possible. Volume adjustment on phono pre possible. Unfortunately, XBOX optical out does not allow for volume adjustment.

Hence back to the OP: does Moode allow for signal gain?

Top Bottom