• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME ADI-2 DAC PCB version differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
G

grgppsc

Genelec LSE (Laminar Spiral Enclosure) sub-woofers are bass-reflex cabinets made of sheet metal rolled into a spiral shape and clamped between thick MDF side panels from my understanding of their construction.
Caught your gesture of accusing me of not owning an ADI-2 DAC either... :cool: I'm glad you have read it after all! ;)

I also have Dynaudio, Spendor, Hegel, Exposure, Chord (Qutest) and other. :) The off-topic continues... :p

Last edited:

Trell

Major Contributor
Genelec LSE (Laminar Spiral Enclosure) sub-woofers are bass-reflex cabinets made of sheet metal rolled into a spiral shape and clamped between thick MDF side panels from my understanding of their construction.

If there are any MDF then it must be entirely enclosed in that hard molded “plastic” they use for the ends, at least on my 7360A.

Edit: You are right according to the following from Genelec.

Trell

Major Contributor
It's clear that you're having hard times reading and using this forum... Maybe the moderators should close you! Just kidding... ;)
Have found that post where I accused you of not owning the RME ADI-2?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Enough with the bickering and back and forth point making. Have deleted several unnecessary posts. If your post got deleted consider it a warning. Any further comments like this will be deleted and the poster will get a time out!

OP
G

grgppsc

So....

....Until we have new relevant inside pictures of missing PCB versions of this DAC (retail editions, with or without patch wires), we may notice another visible difference between revisions (other than DAC chips and surroundings) - the 10th relay present in V4's and presumably V5's (first ESS edition or not) output stage. As you can see, the PCB imprint is also present in the previous versions but not populated. I wonder how the unit differs in functionality and if there are benefits or downsides?

Welcomed would be the answers not starting with teaching lessons of how relays work (in general) or the notorious pads, pads, pads in some previous posts...

Seeking official replies from MC seems futile, as he/it might be just a legend...

Attachments

• ESS patch v....jpg
    ESS patch v....jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 163
  • V4.jpg
    V4.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 168
  • V3.jpg
    V3.jpg
    853.8 KB · Views: 167
  • V2.jpg
    V2.jpg
    916.8 KB · Views: 158
  • V1.jpg
    V1.jpg
    856 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
This thread has run it’s course and is now bordering on the absurd. Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom