• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RIP Fats Domino

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Last edited:

c1ferrari

Forum Donor
Where is/was the Thunderbird location...Vegas?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Where is/was the Thunderbird location...Vegas?

Jacksonville, FL (was). The buildings are still there.

The Terrace Room

They often hired second-tier Vegas style acts, though. I particularly remember Ronnie Prophet (as a one-man guitar show) and The Executives (as a variety act), they had the huge Sunn speaker cabs...

Dinner/Dancing/and three shows on the weekends. The house dance band, I think it was a three piece, piano and bass, led with trumpet, played for the dancers in front of the stage, the dance floor rose to become an extension of the stage as the lights dimmed for the show. There was a control room high in the back for the PA.

Classy enough that the men wore suits and the women dressed nicely themselves. No kids (except for us), or rarely with a family.

The waitresses had bunny-styled outfits, and came in all ages (well, 21 and up).

I was 16, it was a good gig. Set-up, serve dinner, clear tables, sit back in "The Hole" and watch the show and eat the food you stole from the kitchen or kept your eye on at the table where somebody didn't touch their Filet Mignon... You had to clear the tables before the show started. We hated to see good food go to waste.

Same for the drinks. New round? Well, gee, the old ones have to go! No lipstick on the rim of this one, it goes to The Hole.

The "Host" who greeted folks coming in the door was Mr Antoinette, and the hotter waitresses would rotate being the "Hostess".

There was an old (like 70 or so) wine expert from Europe, we had to assist him at the tables making flaming Irish Coffees, set up the wine ice buckets just so, all that.

---

I had to Valet Park one night, somebody didn't show. The first time in a shiny red XKE is a bit intimidating when you are expected to hop right in and know what you're doing.

upload_2017-10-25_20-15-22.png

Where's the interior light switch? (still don't know)
Where does the key go? (right of center)
How the hell do you start it? The key only does on and off... (push-button left of the lighter)
Where are the headlights?
Fuh...
Beep-Beep from the guy behind... Just go...

c1ferrari

Forum Donor
Haha -- very cool :cool:
Enjoyed your regaling us with the accounts.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Top Bottom