• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 as USB to S/PDIF Converter

staticV3

Master Contributor
How would a digital to digital bridge work? Look at the other XMOS implements and they are pretty big compared to this one
Size is not really a problem in this day and age:
HIFI_PRO-18-1024x576_large.jpg

NikJi

Look at an Smsl po100, tiny thing less than 1.5” square, take out the digital coax out and it would be smaller for sure
The Cubilux is less than half the size

Attachments

• 5741EB70-E6B5-4E41-9321-9930134726D0.jpeg
    5741EB70-E6B5-4E41-9321-9930134726D0.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 61
  • E9E55C6E-9C4F-4ADD-AD38-A9E6FE6C739D.jpeg
    E9E55C6E-9C4F-4ADD-AD38-A9E6FE6C739D.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 62

staticV3

Master Contributor
(UHQ is off, so I think that's direct?).
It's not.
For direct USB playback, you'd have to use Hiby Music, Neutron, or USB Audio Player Pro (my favorite).
For direct recording, USB Audio Recorder Pro is the only option afaik.

Last edited:

Yearofthegoat

So I guess it's being processed somehow. I thought that only happened with UHQ switched on, otherwise it's Android 48kHz?

Either way, the sound is great, and the sample rate changes according to what's being played so it's good enough for me.

Will give USB Audio Player Pro a go, as I have my own hi-res files from my DVD-Audio and SACD discs too - thanks.

Yearofthegoat

It's not.
For direct USB playback, you'd have to use Hiby Music, Neutron, or USB Audio Player Pro (my favorite).
For direct recording, USB Audio Recorder Pro is the only option afaik.
That's interesting, as I've used FL Studio Mobile and Bandlab to record - you're saying that the recordings are manipulated somehow?

I also tried Poweramp and DS Audio for playback. But they're not direct either? It's a proper minefield. Will give up with Android, I think.

The only reason to stick with it would be to get Apple lossless out, wired to a DAC rather than Bluetooth, but how without loss? Thanks

EDIT: Sorry, this is OT for this thread (and I've done some more reading which explains Android audio behaviour).

Last edited:

Carlton80@0

I have the D10 and have used it as an ROON endpoint to feed a pair of active DSP speakers via its digital output. Had no idea how it measured but came to the conclusion that it was a well built quality piece that is probably overlooked due to its low price. Thanks for the review.

WDeranged

I recently bought the D10s as a bridge. To my ears it does a brilliant job but I have seen a few people saying the spdif isn't great. I've seen people challenge this and the reviewers can't back up their claims.

Top Bottom