• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

Rock Rabbit

hello Aldo , did you also manage to test de d50s with the headphone amplifier a50s?

Do you also test E30 , i don't know what to do , i had tested on my edifier system and i don't really like the sound ( of course is connected coaxial)

right now i thing to return the dac and change it with E30 and L30 topping (but still not Shure what to do) .. do anybody test them E30 L30 and D50s +A50s stack?

Thanks
Sorry for the interference but see this about E30
And this about L30
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/sequential-damage.19003/
D50S or E30 are transparent DACs at least as tested here...no difference at ear...one has 2 DACs ;-)

Aldoszx

hello Aldo , did you also manage to test de d50s with the headphone amplifier a50s?

Do you also test E30 , i don't know what to do , i had tested on my edifier system and i don't really like the sound ( of course is connected coaxial)

right now i thing to return the dac and change it with E30 and L30 topping (but still not Shure what to do) .. do anybody test them E30 L30 and D50s +A50s stack?

Thanks

Hi @P0pik, also E30 has this click when goes to standby, at least.
I don't have A50s, so I cannot say anything about it.

Gradius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The click is 100% normal operation behavior.

I even posted pics of the entire D50S PCB here, a lot moons ago.

Gradius

Got reply from Thesycon.

They confirmed me, they release at least 2x updates per year and they are indeed passed to manufactures (in their agreement of course).

Unfortunately, they cannot force them to update to lastest version, but they should. As there are way too many DACs out there now, and due to this, they are unable to release a more "universal" one.

FYI:
https://www.thesycon.de/usbaudio/TUSBAudio_history.txt

Btw, I'm already on 20H2.

FYI2: Topping NEVER answered the e-mail (not good consumer service). :/

Attachments

• winver.png
    winver.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 119

Vosya

FYI2: Topping NEVER answered the e-mail (not good consumer service). :/
It's a lie. Here is their next answer to me specifically on the topic of driver updates:

"Re: Re[38]: Topping D50 driver's version

On 4/1/2021 10:59

Hi,
Thank you for sharing. I will give feedback to the R&D department. Combined with the actual situation, if it is possible to achieve, we will add them to our plan. And if you have any ideas, please feel free to discuss with us. We really appreciate it.
Best Regards
--------------------
TOPPING SERVICE

On 1/1/2021 13:29,wrote:
> Hi

> Thesycon December 04, 2020 announced the next new version of USB audio class driver: 5.00. Нave you got this version?
> They announced, among others, a new functional: «USB audio float format support». I would like to explore this ability."

Vosya

To me is the true as I never got reply from them.
These are exceptionally YOURS specific problem. Because they even have a very caring answering machine:

"Re:Re[38]: Topping D50 driver's version

[email protected] 1/1/2021 13:29

Dear Mr.&Ms. sender,

Thanks for your email.
We are now out of the office for holiday season until the 4th January.
I will respond upon my return.
Sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your kind understanding.

Best regard."

Last edited:

Vosya

1st: 2021 only.
2nd: The very same apply to you too.

Perhaps this message can be interpreted as a coherent and meaningful text. However, I couldn't.

P.S. Here is a confirmation that the Topping is not as dull as you preach:

"V5.0.0 driver for E30, D10, D10s, D50, D50s, D70, D70s, D90, DX3 Pro, DX7 Pro"
https://www.tpdz.net/newsinfo/474829.html"

Last edited:

Cidious

My D50s had given up. USB unrecognised and L R Error on screen.

Reached out to the Topping factory shop on Taobao where I get all my products from them and sometimes replacement parts if needed. They responded instantly and gave green light to send it back. From the moment they received it it took 3 days and they shipped it back to me completely fixed within warranty.

It's back on my desk and testing new V5.0 drivers now.
WeChat Image_20210117235631.jpg

Great service from Topping as always. Perks of being in China near them also I guess.

Cidious

Also I got revision v1.03. Forgot to check which version I send them.

What's your revision version boys and girls?

Cidious

I thought all the D50s were 1.03 and only the D50 has earlier versions of the FW.
Thanks bud. Then s what I found so far.

Anyway it's working like a charm again. Very good and neutral pairing with the A50s for my range headphones. Nice and neutral. The Soncoz is (ever so) slightly more hot and perfect for my monitors.

Can't be happier right now with the setup.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Cidious

Sure there are many ways to do it. I used velcro before, which worked like a charm too. I like the band. Got a black one too with finer threading. If I get sick of the red I'll swap the black one on.

Gradius

P.S. Here is a confirmation that the Topping is not as dull as you preach

Never said "dull", and I'm not a liar.

They NEVER replied my e-mail, even today.

Besides, if it weren't for me, you would NEVER know the existence of newer driver released by Thesycon.

Last edited:

Vosya

Besides, if it weren't for me, you would NEVER know the existence of newer driver released by Thesycon.
On top of that, you have delusions of grandeur. Here is the source from which I, like everyone else, learn about the release of the new version. The revision history, also published on the same site, usually lags far behind the announcement:
https://www.thesycon.de/eng/usb_audiodriver.shtml

Here, for example, another confirmation of your complete insolvency in the current topic:

service <[email protected]>6/25/2018, 13:18
Hello
Thank you for contacting TOPPING support. We are happy to assist.
We have V4.43 which is newer than V4.38. You can download it at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gtfidumxa41e2k/Topping_UsbAudio_v4.43.0-setup.zip?dl=0
But unfortunately, we believe that V4.14 has better stability on low configuration PC, so we do not plan to publish V4.43 to the public.
Best Regards!
----------------------------------
TOPPING service
26th Jiaomen Road, Huangge Town, Nansha, Guangzhou, China
Zip code: 511455

On 6/24/2018 17:42, wrote:
>Hello.
>Drivers for Windows 7 from Topping D50 support page is v4.14.0. Thesycon's latest drivers available for their custom driver service is v4.38.0 (December 05, 2017). According to Revision History, the new driver versions have significant improvements over version 4.14. Do you plan to distribute new versions of the driver?

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
Do you even realise, the countless companies that license thesyscon XMOS driver/software? What would you have to do with any of them :facepalm:

Top Bottom