• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Amp & EQ (Part 1)

LuckyLuke575

Forum Donor
We are talking about an industry (press) that doesn't measure much these days. So marketing department is not pushing the designers to perform in this regard. Hopefully through the work we are doing, this will be resolved in the next few years.
Sometimes it seems like the guys in the 'press' think that they have golden ears that can determine performance and audio quality, and then publish their experience as gospel truth. There's also the price / brand / performance fallacy and conflicts of interest going on. They should go back to the numbers and charts and then listen to the equipment and provide a clear review and opinion (as is the case on ASR :)).

LuckyLuke575

Forum Donor
This website is going to wreak havoc. Manufacturers have been selling design, not precision instruments.
Also design, brands, sky high prices / quality / performance fallacy, ego boosts / bragging rights, exclusivity. I want precision audio equipment, not expensive gimmicks and ego strokes.

Miklas

The analogue outs of this and the 2170 are not meant to use with a power amp. They are for subwoofer use, and so are feeded by a standard akm dac just for that function. I Iearned this the hard way, as I bought a power amp to complement the 2170, and it sounded just plain and bad, while the lyngdorf, by itself, sounded miles better. The nature of the technology used on these models would require you to perform your measurements on the speaker terminals side. I dont know If that is possible, but thats the only accurate and fair way.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
When APx555 shows noisy spectrum with dip like that it's often time the channel is oscillating. Too bad this was tested a year ago. Otherwise hook up an oscilloscope and see for sure

Teleflubbie

After reading this I got a bit worried that my TDAI-2170 would damage the tweeters of my new MA GOLDs 200 5G. (-6db at 50kz).

I attached a oscilloscope to the speaker terminals, and indeed see lots of high level digital noise.
See the attachment with 2vtt at around 50khz.

Should I get worried?

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 276

doorofnight

After reading this I got a bit worried that my TDAI-2170 would damage the tweeters of my new MA GOLDs 200 5G. (-6db at 50kz).

I attached a oscilloscope to the speaker terminals, and indeed see lots of high level digital noise.
See the attachment with 2vtt at around 50khz.

Should I get worried?

No. Do you think that TS would recommend Lyngdorf TDAI amps if he was worried because of his measurements?

Read his PART II

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...measurements-of-lyngdorf-roomperfect-eq.6799/

JackFrost

I would like to thank @amirm for his continuous work. Great work.
Looking forward to see the Lyngdorf 1120 tested if anybody in US happens to own one and willing to send it for tests.
I recently purchased one as a "AllInOne" device to finally listen to music and I am delighted because I do not have any other reference point so far outside the in ear monitors.

Best regards from Poland,
Jack

BM11

Does any one of you have TDAI-3400 and can recommend speakers to pair it together? Also which CD player is recommended for this amp?

Thank you!

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Does any one of you have TDAI-3400 and can recommend speakers to pair it together? Also which CD player is recommended for this amp?

Thank you!
Welcome Aboard @BM11.

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Thank you!
Given the measurements not a speaker with extended (>20 kHz) high frequency response. Given the TDAI has intersample clipping correction available for 44.1kHz sources, no need to use the Lyngdorf CD-2 player just to get that feature.

doorofnight

Given the measurements not a speaker with extended (>20 kHz) high frequency response. Given the TDAI has intersample clipping correction available for 44.1kHz sources, no need to use the Lyngdorf CD-2 player just to get that feature.

You can easily connect speakers >20.000Hz. First: you do not have to be afraid that the speakers are not safe with the Lyngdorf TDAI3400. Second: you will not hear it and third: it is well known that the measurements done by TS with this digital amp have not been done right, and also the interpretations of the measurements have not been done right. There is absolutely no reason to doubt the sound quality of the TDAI amps.

BM11

You can easily connect speakers >20.000Hz. First: you do not have to be afraid that the speakers are not safe with the Lyngdorf TDAI3400. Second: you will not hear it and third: it is well known that the measurements done by TS with this digital amp have not been done right, and also the interpretations of the measurements have not been done right. There is absolutely no reason to doubt the sound quality of the TDAI amps.

Currently I have PMC Twenty .24 and base on specs they have 28Hz – 25kHz. Wondering if anyone can recommended tested in home environment speakers for Lyngdorf TDAI-3400. I read planty of very good reviews from TDAI-3400 users. I don't want to be first one who complained so I'm looking for solution.

doorofnight

I used high end Dali speakers up to 28kHz with the TDAI amp for 6 years. I have been listening to DAUDIO speakers up to 35kHz with TDAI amps and with Kharma speakers up to 30Khz.

That's the problem with wrong measurements and wrong interpretations. People get scared for nothing. And other people like to feed the fear.

BM11

I used high end Dali speakers up to 28kHz with the TDAI amp for 6 years. I have been listening to DAUDIO speakers up to 35kHz with TDAI amps and with Kharma speakers up to 30Khz.

That's the problem with wrong measurements and wrong interpretations. People get scared for nothing. And other people like to feed the fear.

Could you please share exact models of mentioned speakers?

Thank you

doorofnight

no problem :)

Dali Euphonia MS4 (found a picture!)
Kharma Elegance S7 (I have to search)
daudio S2 (this was not in my house but with the dealer - you can see on his website that he pairs his speakers with TDAI amps)

Attachments

• euphonia ms4 JL-E112 Lyngdorf klein.JPG
    euphonia ms4 JL-E112 Lyngdorf klein.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

Desmo

I have a question for the experts.

Could the low SINAD become a problem in the Lyngdorf TDAi-1120?
It has a lower power ouput of 2 x 120 W RMS @ 4Ohm / 2 x 60 W RMS @ 8Ohm.
So you would be driving the amplifier harder than the TDAi-3400 on louder volumes.

RiseFall

For the owners of TDAI-3400: vTuner and Tidal Connect works correctly to you?

About vTuner I press and nothing happen while for Tidal Connect, I open the app on iPhone or iPad, they see the TDAI but If I choose it, nothing happen, the song won't start.

Roon, instead, works correctly everywhere.

Top Bottom