• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Relays that are "audiophile" grade

ehabheikal

Would cheap relays do anything if used to switch power to a dac or amp sound quality wise.
I ask to know if i could use common home automation systems to swith the power of my components.

egellings

Major Contributor
So long as the relays are of good quality and meet safety code for use in a power line circuit, I see no problem with them.

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Would cheap relays do anything if used to switch power to a dac or amp sound quality wise.
I ask to know if i could use common home automation systems to swith the power of my components.
If you are talking about (for example) wifi power switches, or other designed for pupose kit, they will be absolutely fine and have no influence on sound quality.

Just as power cables, fuses, power outlets etc have no influence.

ehabheikal

If you are talking about (for example) wifi power switches, or other designed for pupose kit, they will be absolutely fine and have no influence on sound quality.

Just as power cables, fuses, power outlets etc have no influence.
Thanx

Top Bottom