• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendation for a DAC for Stax SRM-006ts

Burki

Do you've already the SRM-006?
If not, then there are a lot better and cheaper options.
In Germany you'll e.g. under http://www.high-amp.de the Antares, which blows the SRM-006 away and can also drive a SR-007.
I'd a long time the SRM-006 and two Antares, one Elektra, one DS-50 and one Luminare (from AudioValve). All these amps are superior to the SRM-006.
Also the DS-50 is a good one (try to get it from Denmark), which is fine for the desktop, but it lacks a bit in the DAC.

OP
N

nycarrival

Do you've already the SRM-006?
If not, then there are a lot better and cheaper options.
In Germany you'll e.g. under http://www.high-amp.de the Antares, which blows the SRM-006 away and can also drive a SR-007.
I'd a long time the SRM-006 and two Antares, one Elektra, one DS-50 and one Luminare (from AudioValve). All these amps are superior to the SRM-006.
Also the DS-50 is a good one (try to get it from Denmark), which is fine for the desktop, but it lacks a bit in the DAC.
Hello,

The model is STAX SRM-006tS - this is with the Kimik upgrade.

A quick question - the items you re referring to, will I be able to connect my STAX L700 or I should seek another cable and a connector?

Also, which model is the DS-50 you mentioned?

Thanks!

Burki

It's the current Stax DS-50 (bought it two months ago) and all the other amps I've mentioned are fully compatible with your L700 without changing any cable.

OP
N

nycarrival

It's the current Stax DS-50 (bought it two months ago) and all the other amps I've mentioned are fully compatible with your L700 without changing any cable.
Would you send a link that I can check that model as I am not sure I have seen it? Are you perhaps referring to the STAX SRM-D50?

Top Bottom