• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Real time room response measurements?

Todd68

Is there a way? A program that would run sweeps or pink noise? continuously and show frequency response changes from tweaking speaker position? Maybe a dumb question, but it would make it easier to see the affects of different speaker placement, Toe in etc.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Room EQ Wizard has a real time analyzer (RTA) feature and a generator for pink (and other) noise.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Thanks! I’ve seen the RTA feature but didn’t investigate and see what it actually does.
It does what it's name says, off course it's not real time, far from it.
Capture.JPG

Pareto Pragmatic

I will add, you can capture measures in RTA. Look at the screen shot ZolaIII posted. The "Current" button will give you a snapshot of the moment. "Peak" will give you peak measures. So if you re-start the RTA, you can do a series of peak measures (I generally wait until the peak actually shows up on the screen and refreshes twice to capture that).

Or you can just watch the RTA. But capturing lets you display multiple measures on the same screen easily.

I do suggest muting between speaker position changes. You probably don't want your ear anywhere near those drivers when they are playing that stuff.

Top Bottom