• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ready-made DAC boards with aliexpress: ak4490 or es9038q2m or es9028q2m

serjiks

Hello. I have an old computer (motherboard before 2010). I want to listen to music via USB. From a DAC to an analog signal amplifier ... I choose ready-made DAC boards from Aliexpress, but there are questions about their implementation and, accordingly, doubts about one or another board, and is it worth bothering with more expensive ones in general and considering those that cost 20-25?

I am considering boards to plug them into one case with a D-class amplifier based on the Infineon MA5332MS chip, also a ready-made board from aliexpress. At a cursory glance of the datasheet graphs, the chip is the same as ma12070, only more powerful. Acoustics homemade AC 851 from Alexey Alexandrov ..

Budgets in two groups: $20 and $70

I ask for your opinions and assumptions based on the implementations of each board? Does it make sense to give $70 for a DAC if I have never compared any DACs in real life?

a) ak4490eq three mod:
1) CSR8675 + AK4493 -- 60$ + 5$ PSU 12v
2) CM6631A + AKM4490 -- $55 + transformer
3) ак4490eq -- 25$ + amonero + transformer
4490.jpg
On the first board, 12V, on the boards for transformers ... half the space is a rectifier for the transformer, I think for the ideal (in my case) more capacitance of the power filter capacitors is needed. The second one has a lot of "powerful" resistors (I read somewhere that such a chip likes "powerful" resistors) and a place for amanero, there are 3 generators on a large board (or are these generators related to cm6631a, not ak4490?) + cm6631a.

b) es9038q2m three options the price of all three colors with amonero is about the same $55-60 but in two Nada options there are also +20$ transformers and $5-8 filters
9038.jpg
1) On the first 12v and removable amonero.
2) On the second one there is 12v with a filter, but there is from a transformer, a regular place for amonero, a lot of capacitors (smiley) a lot of plugs (probably not convenient, because what to choose inputs / outputs / parameters)
3) On the third one, too, 12v and under the transformer, connect the Amonero wires and some mode switches (probably convenient, set it and forgot it)

c) the most affordable and not confusing USB-powered solution: es9028q2m+sa9023 -- $20 or es9023+cm6631a -- $25

9023.jpg

Top Bottom