• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

R2R DACs

DimitryZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have had many DACs in and out of my system and usually have 4 available for immediate comparison (using an USB hub and a high quality XLR switch box).

I am now listening to Musician Pegasus - a moderately priced DAC from the middle kingdom.

I must say I am impressed - a very engaging sound with no obvious shortcomings (oversampling or "modern" mode). Holds its' own against SD DACs in terms of detail, and is excellent in all the usual audiophile metrics. It sounds very good - Miles Davis' Kind of Blue (Amazon HD/iPad).

Apparently measures pretty well, too.

Thoughts on this technology?

Secondary observation is that IOS is increasingly becoming an empirical platform of choice for streaming. Driverless and auto switching (wasabi equivalent seemingly).

Last edited:

Helicopter

Major Contributor
I think R2R is mostly BS, but I can sorta see the appeal. I like discrete circuits in some circumstances. I am glad you are enjoying your equipment.

I would be curious if measurements suggest an audible sound signature.

OP
DimitryZ

DimitryZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I agree....mostly.

In OS mode, there isn't an obvious signature. I will compare to my DS stable to make sure.

Edit: I seem to prefer Mytek Liberty DAC ( with a big LPS), to the Pegasus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom