• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qudelix 5K can use in turntable on this path?

Galke6

If possible use my qudelix 5k as eq or amp? I want to use this device for EQ my AT-LP120 turntable but I don't how if this works on the way I'm thinking to do (turntable > RCA with USB C > Qudelix 5k > my headphones, or turntable > RCA with 3.5mm > Apple doogle> Qudelix 5k> My headphones)

Zek

Major Contributor
RCA with USB C
What is this?
RCA with 3.5mm > Apple dongle> Qudelix 5k
The Apple dongle has a USB input and a 3.5mm analog output, so it cannot be connected that way.

In any case, you cannot connect the analog output signal from the turntable to the digital input of the DAC.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If possible use my qudelix 5k as eq or amp? I want to use this device for EQ my AT-LP120 turntable but I don't how if this works on the way I'm thinking to do (turntable > RCA with USB C > Qudelix 5k > my headphones, or turntable > RCA with 3.5mm > Apple doogle> Qudelix 5k> My headphones)
Dont think either will work. Any dongle needs a USB host (phone/ PC etc ) . Neither the apple dongle nor Q5K is a host in either scenario.

staticV3

Master Contributor
@Galke6 The only two ways to integrate the Qudelix 5K into a turntable setup are:

Turntable->RCA->Phono Pre->RCA->Bluetooth Transceiver->Bluetooth->Qudelix 5K

Turntable->RCA->Phono Pre->RCA->ADC->USB->Computer (Raspberry)->USB->Qudelix 5K

Edit: there are turntables with built-in USB or Bluetooth output, which can simplify this setup.

Last edited:
OP
Galke6

Galke6

@Galke6 The only two ways to integrate the Qudelix 5K into a turntable setup are:

Turntable->RCA->Phono Pre->RCA->Bluetooth Transceiver->Bluetooth->Qudelix 5K

Turntable->RCA->Phono Pre->RCA->ADC->USB->Computer (Raspberry)->USB->Qudelix 5K

Edit: there are turntables with built-in USB or Bluetooth output, which can simplify this setup.
I've thought the first thing you said but are expensive

USB? My actual turntable have an USB port and these are the functions, it could be work just connecting directly it to my PC?

Attachments

• received_1365816030731367.jpeg
    received_1365816030731367.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 27

staticV3

Master Contributor
I've thought the first thing you said but are expensive

USB? My actual turntable have an USB port and these are the functions, it could be work just connecting directly it to my PC?
Yes, you can do Turntable->USB->PC->USB->Qudelix.
Though at that point, the Qudelix's DSP becomes kind of redundant as you can just use the PC for that.

OP
Galke6

Galke6

Though at that point, the Qudelix's DSP becomes kind of redundant as you can just use the PC for that.
Omg thank you so much man, you save me of spend 120USD just for buy a bluetooth transceiver lol

Hunts887

I am looking at both the LP120XBTUSB and also the none-BT variant of this (LP120XUSBBK). I connect my Qudelix to my pc for bluetooth audio (not usb) using Alternative A2DP Driver. What is my best bet here? Should I - or can I - use the bluetooth on the BT variant of the Audio Technica turntable, or would I need a lot more devices to make that work? or if I am just using bluetooth through A2DP on PC anyway, should I just bypass the BT variant and get the normal cheaper USB turntable?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Should I - or can I - use the bluetooth on the BT variant of the Audio Technica turntable
You can connect the turntable directly to your 5K, or do TT->USB->PC->BT->5K.

I think it comes down to which connection is more convenient and reliable.
Sound quality is kind of a moot point because vinyl :)

Hunts887

You can connect the turntable directly to your 5K, or do TT->USB->PC->BT->5K.

I think it comes down to which connection is more convenient and reliable.
Sound quality is kind of a moot point because vinyl :)
Just to pick your brains, one other thing (it's a bit obscure): Say if I bought a normal, non-USB turntable, and I route it first through my Turntable->AV Receiver, output->PC Audio Input->PC Bluetooth audio - Is there any software that, once the audio reaches the reaches the pc, that I can pitch up/down the audio? I know it may sound a bit weird, but I am looking at the cost of most of these modern turntables that have pitching, and I am not sure if it's really worth the price to me. However, if I can find an older cheaper normal turntable (or a turntable without the pitch controls itself) and just change the pitching through the PC. That's assuming if there is even such software that can do that?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Just to pick your brains, one other thing (it's a bit obscure): Say if I bought a normal, non-USB turntable, and I route it first through my Turntable->AV Receiver, output->PC Audio Input->PC Bluetooth audio - Is there any software that, once the audio reaches the reaches the pc, that I can pitch up/down the audio? I know it may sound a bit weird, but I am looking at the cost of most of these modern turntables that have pitching, and I am not sure if it's really worth the price to me. However, if I can find an older cheaper normal turntable (or a turntable without the pitch controls itself) and just change the pitching through the PC. That's assuming if there is even such software that can do that?
You can use Equalizer APO to host a VST pitch shift plugin.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
Is there any software that, once the audio reaches the reaches the pc, that I can pitch up/down the audio?

Speeding-up the analog playback digitally obviously won't work in real time because you'd need the sound before it's comes-off the record! ;)

Everything will be easier if you digitize the vinyl, or skip the vinyl altogether. ;)

Audacity can do these kinds of things to digital files, but not in real-time.

Top Bottom