• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qobuz streaming setup help please

ktm125

stream music from Qobuz to Benchmark DAC3L via USB 2.0 cable
Only PC is 50'+ from the the DAC
use Qobuz PC app interface only
control volume and track skips thru main PC and wireless remote keyboard
stream 4K video via HDMI to 4K TV (which has audio output set to DAC) and control thru main PC except for volume
internet jack available at DAC location

any suggestions?

samsa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Absent some kind of range-booster, the maximum length of a USB 2.0 cable is 5 meters. With an active extension cable you can go out to 30 meters (i.e., more than enough). If you were willing to relax some of your criteria, there are other (better?) solution. But that's one that does satisfy all your criteria.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It has been posted on this and others site that Qobuz is working diligently on a "connect" feature for the app similar to Tidal and Spotify. So I use Roon and Bluesound and wait patiently.

SKBubba

Qobuz connect is not coming. Don't care what they say. Roon makes Qobuz usable. Except for mobile.

Jmudrick

Forum Donor
If USB is too long look at the NAD wireless USB DAC recently reviewed here for use as bridge to your primary DAC.

OP
K

ktm125

Saw this in another thread...can I connect this to my home network and control thru my main PC?

samsa

You would not need usb cable + booster.

Use Lan or WiFi

Absent (the nonexistent) Qobuz Connect, I don't see how that would satisfy the OP's requirements
  • use Qobuz PC app interface only
  • control volume and track skips thru main PC and wireless remote keyboard
but maybe I'm just dense.

As I said, if he were willing to relax some of his requirements, there would be other solutions ...

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Absent (the nonexistent) Qobuz Connect, I don't see how that would satisfy the OP's requirements
  • use Qobuz PC app interface only
  • control volume and track skips thru main PC and wireless remote keyboard
but maybe I'm just dense.

As I said, if he were willing to relax some of his requirements, there would be other solutions ...
Maybe he doesn't even know about other streaming options. I can't imagine that someone would prefer the qobuz pc app over basically everything else

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Maybe he doesn't even know about other streaming options. I can't imagine that someone would prefer the qobuz pc app over basically everything else
What does the app have to do with the OPs attempt to use a 50ft USB cable?

IMHO the problem is fixed as described above eg USB booster etc. no?

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Why complicate things so much if all you need is a streamer that supports qobuz + a smartphone or tablet as remote?

OP
K

ktm125

Why complicate things so much if all you need is a streamer that supports qobuz + a smartphone or tablet as remote?
Need 4k output to TV also, and my main PC has all the monitor connections used

Tom C

Major Contributor
Qobuz PC app is my current preference. What’s better and doesn’t cost extra?

Tom C

Major Contributor
Sounds like a good tip, at least for a single unit. I google and get multi results. Which club?

Top Bottom