• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streamer Recommendations needed...

ktm125

Is there a Streamer/DAC that meets the following criteria?
  1. Qobuz
  2. TV connect via digital optical
  3. Balanced outputs for Benchmark AHB2 amp
  4. Trigger for amp
  5. Goggle Pixel phone connect via USB for when the internet is down
  6. remote control (don't want to use phone as remote)
  7. control tracks and volume from my office PC which is about 50' from the Streamer and on the same network as Streamer

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there a Streamer/DAC that meets the following criteria?
  1. Qobuz
  2. TV connect via digital optical
  3. Balanced outputs for Benchmark AHB2 amp
  4. Trigger for amp
  5. Goggle Pixel phone connect via USB for when the internet is down
  6. remote control (don't want to use phone as remote)
  7. control tracks and volume from my office PC which is about 50' from the Streamer and on the same network as Streamer
Think you will have to say which of those criteria you can live without. The Cambridge CXN (or its new replacement) will do 1,2,3,5,6

4 will be tough to combine with the rest. 7 very hard indeed unless you are running Roon or something similar.

OP
K

ktm125

Think you will have to say which of those criteria you can live without. The Cambridge CXN (or its new replacement) will do 1,2,3,5,6

4 will be tough to combine with the rest. 7 very hard indeed unless you are running Roon or something
Is the CXN100 the new one?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is the CXN100 the new one?
Believe so, yes. Can't say for definite either or neither has a trigger by the way. It's the pc remote control that's the hardest unless you run a multiroom player like Roon. But then that wouldn't then work as a standalone streamer for qobuz.

Ps think you'd need to at least start qobuz from the Cambridge app as its not baked into the device like Spotify or tidal. But you can then control playback via the remote.

OP
K

ktm125

Believe so, yes. Can't say for definite either or neither has a trigger by the way. It's the pc remote control that's the hardest unless you run a multiroom player like Roon. But then that wouldn't then work as a standalone streamer for qobuz.

Ps think you'd need to at least start qobuz from the Cambridge app as its not baked into the device like Spotify or tidal. But you can then control playback via the remote.
Can I control the tracks and volume from the PC once I start Qubuz from the Streamer?

staticV3

Master Contributor
WiiM Pro (Plus):
  1. Qobuz: ✅
  2. TV connect via digital optical ✅
  3. Balanced outputs for Benchmark AHB2 amp ✅, with the right cable: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-dac-headphone-amp.27148/page-49#post-1132610
  4. Trigger for amp ✅
  5. Goggle Pixel phone connect via USB for when the internet is down ✅, with the right cable: https://www.cubilux.com/products/usb-c-to-s-pdif-optical-audio-converter-1
  6. remote control (don't want to use phone as remote) ✅
  7. control tracks and volume from my office PC which is about 50' from the Streamer and on the same network as Streamer ✅, if you're streaming from the PC.

Top Bottom