• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

q acoustics 3010i vs dali spektor 1 for desktop near-field

Yaniv

hi
i have relatively small workstation desktop, and i would like to get some small speakers.
dac & amp is fosi audio bt20a (which is great btw).
i'm listening in low volume, more netflix twitter clips than music .
any suggestions on q acoustics 3010i or dali spektor 1? main limit is space, otherwise i would have go for bigger speakers.

thanks.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Neither the Q Acoustics, nor the Dali are particularly competent speakers:

I'd take a look at the Neumi Silk 4:

Penelinfi

Maybe vanatoo transparent zero plus if you want a higher cost option , but would be more accurate sound (and still tiny)

Or that Edifier mr4 , I think it had to be the newer versions for the better frequency response?

OP
Y

Yaniv

Neither the Q Acoustics, nor the Dali are particularly competent speakers:

I'd take a look at the Neumi Silk 4:
thanks!
the main problem is that the measurements are calculated at high volume, while i listen at low volumes, and that changes everything.
for example, polk audio es20 got great review here, but i found people saying that on low volumes it sound muffled.
on dac & amps, measurements tells you most of the story. i mean, there's high correlation between measurements and subjective listening (and that's why i bought topping D50s and fosi audio bt20a, based on the reviews here).
but i think that for speakers, measurements are less important. even Amir wrote of few speakers measurements (i think triangle comete was one of those) that the measurements were mediocre, but sounded good.
that's why i'm asking here people that have those speakers, to get the reviews.

OP
Y

Yaniv

Maybe vanatoo transparent zero plus if you want a higher cost option , but would be more accurate sound (and still tiny)

Or that Edifier mr4 , I think it had to be the newer versions for the better frequency response?
how does vanatoo zero plus sounds? never heard of it before, looks interesting.
but is if fun sounding speaker or harsh studio monitor sound?
i mean, i'm not looking for the harsh sound of studio monitors, but for a pleasing sound for watching netflix (for example).

staticV3

Master Contributor
the main problem is that the measurements are calculated at high volume, while i listen at low volumes, and that changes everything.
The only measurements that are volume dependent are distortion and linearity.

Everything else (frequency response, early reflections, directivity, port resonance) will not change when you play at low volumes.

Top Bottom