• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PS4 Digital Soundtracks Question

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
I'm not much of a PS4 user, as I use my brothers. In recent years, I seen games bundled with digital soundtracks. I've done some research but not getting direct answers, people reply with its a zip file when you use a USB flash drive. I've heard its a zip with MP3, no other bitrate info and formats info. I recently been thinking about getting Gran Turismo 7, the most expensive bundle. I don't want to pay the extra money if I'm just getting a MP3 (any bitrate) copy of an album.

So my question is:
When you get the PS4 digital soundtrack of a game and want to extract to a flash drive, does it offer MP3 (at what bitrate) and does it offer FLAC/WAV has option?

OP
ThatM1key

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
You won’t really know unless you buy it as every game is different. Did you google it?
I did google it. I looked deeper and found this:

• Extract format is 48khz MP3 320kbps?
  • Extraction to a flash drive as a option is up to the developers
I think there's no option of FLAC but even If I wanted the MP3 copy, there's a chance that the dev's can disable extracting and I'm not gonna take the high risk for a poor copy of a soundtrack. I'm leaning towards getting the standard "launch edition" now even though I want that steel case badly lol.

Top Bottom