• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Problem with DAC

Soulone

Hi,

My Musical Fidelity M1DAC sits in between a Studio SHD and a Purify Amp (Ghent). Using XLR connections. It happened twice (in 2-3 months since I have this same setup ) that while playing music I get a loud popping noise out of the speakers and the DAC shuts itself off. Unplugging / plugging it again from the AC gets it to work again fine.

As I said, it only happened a couple times....so I can't reproduce it easily.

Just in case it helps : when that happened, volume was not loud at all. Also, when I turn on the equipment, amp is the last one and the first one when turning everything off. Otherwise I hear a popping noise (not as loud as the issue explained above) through the speakers...

Any idea what / where the problem can be? In the DAC itself or somewhere else in the chain?

I'm planning to replace the M1 with a D70s soon but I'd like to find out what's the issue in case it's not the DAC...

Thanks!

Top Bottom