• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Probably best for a UK audience :)

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Burning Sounds

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I am a Yorkshireman - I hate mushy peas and Yorkshire Pudding but I do know someone who refuses to go outside Yorkshire for a holiday.

My first week or so in boarding school (I didn't have wealthy parents, I got a scholarship) I got into a fight over my strong Yorkshire accent. He got a bloody nose and I got a black eye and we were both hauled off to the head for a caning. We became best friends for the rest of our years in school.

My wife (Spanish, grew up in Paris) does still remind me from time to time that I'm a Yorksireman! :facepalm::D

OP
Frank Dernie

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I am a Yorkshireman - I hate mushy peas and Yorkshire Pudding but I do know someone who refuses to go outside Yorkshire for a holiday.

My first week or so in boarding school (I didn't have wealthy parents, I got a scholarship) I got into a fight over my strong Yorkshire accent. He got a bloody nose and I got a black eye and we were both hauled off to the head for a caning. We became best friends for the rest of our years in school.

My wife (Spanish, grew up in Paris) does still remind me from time to time that I'm a Yorksireman! :facepalm::D
I did my apprenticeship in Huddersfield. One of the other guys in my year was an almost serious Yorkshire Nationalist pointing out (probably quite likely then) the amount of Yorkshire earned wealth was squandered by southerners (Oh how it has changed) He was from near Hull and during the 5 years of our course the county boundaries were changed and he found he was now from Humberside :)

It became standard to say "you outsiders come here to Yorkshire telling us what to do..." then stand back and enjoy the rant :)

Top Bottom